ZX instrument swap - Miller
I wonder if any Citroen enthusiasts out there can help me. I own a base spec ZX, and its instrumentation consists of only speedo, giant clock where a rev counter is on higher spec models and a fuel gauge, no temperature gauge either!

I wonder if it would be possible to get another instrument cluster from a scrappy off a higher spec model and retrofit it into my car, bearing in mind I am a complete novice at this sort of thing. Also, would all the necessary connections be there in my car to connect to this different set of instruments?

I am not worried about mileage not matching or signs of the panel being removed as I intend to keep the car until it is beyond economical repair. Thanks for any replies, positive or otherwise.
Re: ZX instrument swap - Simon Butterworth
Physically swapping the panels over is probably fairly easy, however if you want the uprated instrument fit to function there will also as you say be issues with sensors and wiring. May be a standard loom with the extra plugs etc fitted and unused, sensors may just be screw in components available from the scrappy with the panel. Have a good poke around under the bonnet and behind the panel with a wiring diagram.

Could there also be differences in the speedo set up which would be for different gearing, wheelsizes etc on a warmed up version?.