Sat Nav Recommendation - Tally
Hi All
Can anyone recommend a sat nav for reliability and ease of use,I'm looking at thr Garmin Nuvi 250 for about £170. I will use it this summer for going to France but i have no experience of any Sat navs.
Any tips appreciated

Cheers

Tally

Heading changed to attract more visitors ! - PU
Sat Nav Recommendation - piggy
I have used a TomTom One for several months now,and find it excellent.Very easy to use and set. Don`t beleive everything it tells you,my local knowlege of Anglesey is superior to TomTom`s ,but it`s an invaluable aid in a large town as it lets you concentrate on watching the traffic rather than have to navigate as well.
You should be able to get one for less than £170,but keep your atlas just in case.
Sat Nav Recommendation - Altea Ego
The TomTom 1 does not have full route mapping of France, but generally TomToms are regarded as the best.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Sat Nav Recommendation - Pendlebury
Piggy & OP - sorry to change the subject but as you know Anglesey piggy could you recomend some good clean family beaches.
We will be staying near Beaumaris this summer.
Sat Nav Recommendation - Chris White
I've been using TomTom 1 Europe in the work van for the last couple of months and haven't had a problem with it (haven't tried the others so couldn't comment on those).

I've found the ETA very useful for work (and fairly accurate, I can normally knock a few minutes off it....)

Chris
Sat Nav Recommendation - dodo
Just bought a Tom Tom One Europe from Amazon and I am delighted with it. Simple to operate and easy to follow. About £189 well spent I think.
Sat Nav Recommendation - MB3
Very happy with my Tom Tom One.

It replaced a Navman which I never liked.

Hopefully the ****** who pinched the Navman won't like it either!
Sat Nav Recommendation - 007
PENDLEBURY......It is many years since I visited Anglesea but the beach which I have never forgotten is at Newborough on the south-west corner of the island. You have to go through a Forestry Commission plantation to get to it and the impression I got was that not many people realise that it is there. It may be off TomTom's beaten track!

HTH
Many thanks James B.
Sat Nav Recommendation - barchettaman
Another vote for the TomTom One Europe.
Sat Nav Recommendation - keo-the-dog
Navman Icn 720 a very good unit I particularly like the power cord it's a sort of jack plug like a mobile phone charger. I also like the Garmin unit cant remember the model but it's the cheap one that looks a bit like the tom tom. I find both of the above simpler to use than the tom tom. See if you can borrow one that you fancy and try it I did not like the tom tom one that I borrowed , however i did like the garmin and the navman and chose the navman in the end although I can't explain why as the garmin unit is equally as good.
These are just my opinions...Chers...Keo.
Sat Nav Recommendation - Pugugly {P}
Pendulbry

Head for this place near Newborough.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ynys_Llanddwyn

Thanks pug
Sat Nav Recommendation - Pugugly {P}
Piggy,

I have friends who have moved to live between Cemaes Bay, Rhosgoch and Rhosybol (or Rosie Bowl as we Sais say), TomTom guided us in on the Postcode (BMW Sat Nav long since gave up), Tom Tom got us as far as an old Pub (Dinorben ????) and then got completely flummoxed and we had to phone them......not a good place to get lost in !
Sat Nav Recommendation - hcm
get a tom tom. i've been really pleased with mine (510).
Sat Nav Recommendation - DavidHM
With sat navs you need a positive reason not to get TomTom; in your case you'd be looking at the One Europe.

Try Currys or Dixons online - £189 plus 3% cashback if you order through www.quidco.com , free delivery and a free carry case.

That does include full maps of Europe. not just the UK.
Sat Nav Recommendation - rtj70
With new TomTom units coming out (probably with new maps) make sure you get latest maps. Could get last years maps at a discount of a few quid and regret it. I like TomTom over Navman. I have both on my PDA.
Sat Nav Recommendation - NowWheels
I am very pleased with the TomTom ONE I got a year ago. It occasionally gets a bit flummoxed by back alleys in Yorkshire cities (thinks they are roads), but otherwise it's hardly ever wrong, and it's v easy to use. Just be aware that it comes without a case, and is at risk of getting scratched: I bought a ice leather one on Ebay for a lot less that TomTom's own overpriced offerings