Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Engine characteristics?? - jumbostu
Hi

Just got a 2003 Fiesta 1.4 tdci and it holds its revs between changes up to 2000 rpm tho above this ie 3000 upover the revs hold and increase by a couple of hundred rpm even when I drive as accurately as poss taking off the accelerator before dipping the clutch.. Is this a problem or a characteristic - it seems to me that it could be an air intake issue?!?!? it also sounds a bit like its pinking on acceleration higher gear lower revs. Anyone else experienced these traits on their motor?? I beleive the Peugeot C3 has the same engine.... Getting a bit peeved looking and sounding like a learner driver!!!! (my other car is an 05 Audi S4 - proper drivers car) and I can drive that one allright!! :-)

Best wishes and

Thanks for your time

Stu

The other thread you started has been deleted to isolate answers to this one. I think I may have been a bit overzealous in changing the original one, however you explain the problem a lot better in this one :-) - PU
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Engine characteristics?? - injection doc
Hi, No it isn't a characteristic I too have a 1.4tdci & if you wait in between gear changes it drops to 900rpm & it will idle about 750 when vehicle isn't moving. Idle speed increases with AC on.
there have been one or two idle speed related issues on this engine particlerly with the C3
The engines are quite noisy but worth getting checked out as my brother had the same with his 1.4tdci & after numerous visits to a dealer they changed the injectors ( which turned out were leaking ) & it was fine.
May be worth a couple of cans of injector cleaner through system first as this is a known cure on some renaults for idle hang up on diesel engine when the control valve gets sticky! There are many who will say you can't get a fix from a can but worth a try. For sticky pumps Comma diesel injector magic appears to work very well as it definatley works in renaults meganes when the idle sticks up
Good luck
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Engine characteristics?? - injection doc
Cleaner wont cure sticky pump on yours due to being HDI but still worth a dose
Fiesta 1.4 TDCI Engine characteristics?? - jumbostu
Thanks all so far- def worth a try - will let you know

Stu