Buying a C3 Pluriel - Morpheus

(Morpheus original headling 'Parkers price guides' didn't really sum up the essence of his post, which is why it has been changed. HJ)

Right guys and girls...

Girlfriend has decided she really wants a Citroen C3 Pluriel... i'm not too sure as I have heard the stories about leaking roofs....

Car is on Autotrader @ £6200 but in the pics you can see a sign for £6500.....

Just checked parkers and it gives a price for that age car of £5320 based on 20,000 for a 2004 (53) car.

Now give that its a 53 so will have been early 2004, its now over 3 years old, so shouldn't they be pricing it based on 30,000 not 20k?

If anyone has any advice on what to ask / look for on this specific car or in general then I would appreciate it.

I know nothing about cars (can change oil and fit bolt on parts like exhausts but thats about it) then I would assume people would recommend an AA/RAC inspection?

Cheers

M
Buying a C3 Pluriel - flunky
Not much of a cruiser. I had one in Tenerife. Parking is not as easy it should be, and quite likely to have been used in city conditions so might have parking scrapes. Bad reviews for the car should keep prices down, but perhaps not the best time of year to be buying such a car.
Buying a C3 Pluriel - joenormal
Please, dont buy one. There are so many problems with leaks! Each time I see one, I think , oh dear why did that person buy one of those things! Look on this site for problems in the fuller detail. If you lived in Nairobi,ok Sun all day no issue. Wait till Winter...is it worth it?
Buying a C3 Pluriel - fordprefect
My eldest daughter bought one of these contraptions new in 1993: the roof leaked, door seals leaked, it was off the road for two recall campaigns to fix design faults which the dealer was appallingly inefficient at achieving and it only has rear seat belts for two, so is effectively only a 4 seater.
She was glad to get rid of it and I suggest your life will be less stressful if you avoid ever having one.
Buying a C3 Pluriel - stunorthants26
My eldest daughter bought one of these contraptions new in 1993: <<

She didnt buy a Pluriel 1993 - it wasnt sold until 2003!
Buying a C3 Pluriel - fordprefect
>> My eldest daughter bought one of these contraptions new in 1993: <<
She didnt buy a Pluriel 1993 - it wasnt sold until 2003!

Stunorthants, you are perfectly correct, I meant 2003 but must have had a senior moment when typing the date. :-)
Buying a C3 Pluriel - gordonbennet
For heavens sake have a look under the thing and see what they replaced the strength of the roof line with. But dont have a handy tin opener with you!!? Try and get her into a mazda mx5 instead proper car and will go on for years. Good luck
Buying a C3 Pluriel - flunky
Try and get her into a mazda mx5 instead proper car and will go on
for years. Good luck

Not a bad idea, but only 2 seats. An old one should not depreciate to any meaningful extent.
Buying a C3 Pluriel - stunorthants26
Just checked parkers and it gives a price for that age car of £5320 based
on 20 000 for a 2004 (53) car.

{ SNIP! Rest of "quote original message" removed. For reference, just either summarise or say "in reply to xxx" - DD}

Parkers base their price first on the year/plate, then have a mileage adjustment if the car hasnt covered their 10k a year assumption so their listed price wont include a mileage adjustment, that you have to do yourself.
Parkers are also most likely well aware that nobody likes these cars and that while that may well be the asking price, seller has little chance of getting it unless a mug walks in.
Buying a C3 Pluriel - mare
Sorry to be one of those people who talk about car b when you've asked about car a, but bear with me: check out the 206CC - i'm currently running around in one on an extended loan, and it's fine. It is a two plus two though, not a four seater.

Problem that i saw with the Pluriel (nearly bought one because it was very cheap) is the roof business is too complicated and the car's quite high.
Buying a C3 Pluriel - mike hannon
You hardly ever see them around here (SW France) although, to be fair, I have come across a few more on the Cote d'Azur.
And I have never, ever, seen one with the roof rails off or being used as a sporty pick-up...
It seems the old plastic 2CV Mehari is still the motor of choice if you want the Pluriel 'lifestyle' - they go for an arm and a leg now.