No spare wheel - bikergirl
I am a biker and a girl and I just happen to be blond! how ever I seem to be ahead of the guys when it comes to problems of vehicles that are not supplied with spare wheels.
First a motorcycle never comes with a spare, so what do we do to protect ourselves because unlike a car when you get a flat on a bike it can literally mean life or death. For years we bikers have fitted tyre sealants into our tyres and I can personally vouch for its capabilities of sealing punctures as they happen. But you have to be careful which one you use, there are a lot out there that can be downright dangerous. They will cause unbalance in the wheels will ball up and dry out and are sheer hell to get out of the tyre and off the rims when you come to change the tyre. The one the bikers use is Ultra Seal it does not give any problems at all, and best of all it will not let you ride / drive on a dangerous tyre, instead it lets the tyre down in a controlled manner letting you get safely to the side of the road. It will fix 95% of all punctures and that is good enough for me. It has saved me on more than one occasion and I am thankful to the makers. I do not drive slowly I ride a ZX9R that is capable of speeds up 190mph and on track days I get pretty close to those speeds and it was on a track day that I had my first experience of this product it literally saved my life.
So there you go, stop moaning about not having a spare and get ultra Seal fitted. By the way they also do DIY kits which are a doddle to do.
For those that my want to find out more I get my supply from Ultra Seal Cumbria he is a great guy and will take time to explain everything to, you get him on deleted his phone number is also deleted it's your life!

Bikergirl, I've deleted the email address and phone number as I believe you are trying to use the HJ site for free advertising. If that is not the case, then as per one of the other moderators requests further down the thread - "if you could contact one of the mods with a PNN e-mail address we'll get back to you"

DD

No spare wheel - OldHand
Sounds like an advert to me
No spare wheel - Brian Tryzers
And me. I suppose someone who registers on a forum solely for the purpose of posting something like that (she registered this morning) carries about the same credibility as someone who rings the doorbell while you're having dinner and begins his sales pitch with "Alright, mate, sorry to bother you but..."
No spare wheel - bathtub tom
'Sounds like an advert to me'
Her first post too. Any more cynical 'ole gits?
No spare wheel - milkyjoe
avon (tyres) calling!!!
No spare wheel - Stuartli
As some have already suspected, this is a common trick/scam on many types of forums.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
..pleased too that this blonde's efforts have been punctured.....
No spare wheel - dragon
Actually this is a fair point but the stuff would have been no use to me even if it works.

I had a blow out a few weeks ago, tyre shredded, no spare wheel provided. What should have been a minor nuisance turned into a major hassle and I ended up having to replace all four tyres.

Whay are manufacturers not compelled to supply spare wheels anymore? This is a growing trend which needs to be stopped. It is certainly a deal breaker for me in the future.
No spare wheel - boxsterboy
I'm with dragon on this one.
The thread itself is about bikes - not many bikers carry a spare wheel.
It's always the same when the guys get a one over on them then they have to think the worse. Yes I am new, yes it is my first post, yes it may sound like an advert, but I read some posts before I joined this group on no spare wheels which no one had come up with a way of effectively dealing with it so hence my post. Safety is something I am passionate about. But if this is the response I get then I think I have joined the wrong group. I would have hoped to contribute in a lot of other areas as I am very interested in all aspects of motoring. I am a class 1 police driver - that's what I do for a living, I am in no way connected to in any shape or form to Ultra Seal only that I do use it and have done for many years, as do the Durham Police motorcyclists.
Think what you will, but I think I have had enough of this group already!

Don't drive faster than your angel can fly.
No spare wheel - Brian Tryzers
>Think what you will, but I think I have had enough of this group already.

Close the door behind you, please.
No spare wheel - OldHand
You are a class one Police driver? That's interesting please tell us more about it, for example which force you work with. There are quite a few police/ex-police posting here and as I'm sure you know it's quite a small world. Perhaps one of us knows you/of you?
You are a class one Police driver? That's interesting please tell us more about it
for example which force you work with. There are quite a few police/ex-police posting here
and as I'm sure you know it's quite a small world. Perhaps one of us
knows you/of you?

Miss trust again! I am with the Cumbria Police on traffic, I suppose you want my collar number as well but you are not getting it. If you would like to ask me more questions to prove my claims go ahead. I suppose you are or were or would have like to have been a traffic officer.
Really some people!>>>>
No spare wheel - OldHand
Cumbria Traffic eh? Don't think there are many blond females working traffic there. Let's do some digging.

I'm not asking you to make a statement but....................... you do not have to say anything, but it may harm your defence if you do not mention when questioned something which you later rely on ;-)

Day off today is it?
If we have got it wrong, then apologies.

But, if you read your original posting carefully, the way it is written and presented is very much in advertising copy form...:-)

As I stated earlier, this type of posting is very prevalent on many forums especially those in relation to computer matters.

They are usually posted by people purporting to be forum members, highly praise some software or anti-spyware product and, what's more, have only just signed up to join the forum.

So perhaps you would excuse the cynicism if, as I say, we have misconstrued your thread...:-)

Just one point. Many tyre repairers will not have anything to do with a tyre that has had puncture sealent used in it.
No spare wheel - normd2
I agree with Stuartli - had a simple nail through the centre of the tread a couple of years ago. Thought I'd be clever and used a sealant instead of the spare. No tyre place would touch it even though it would have been a legit repair otherwise. I'm wiser now and poorer to the tune of the price of a new tyre.
No spare wheel - Roly93
I dont see how any product like this replaces having a pukka spare wheel. Okay on a bike it may get you out of an immediate hole, but it doesnt mean that on a car you can drive at normal motorway speeds after fixing the problem with some goo out of a can.
These products have been around for years, and are only a temporary fix, give me a good spare any day.
Here I go again, been in danger of doing another advertisement!!! you are both totally wrong - must be a man thing.
There are sealants and there are puncture repair kits. I am talking about the ones that go in the tyre before you have a puncture.
Ultra Seal, I repeat - causes no problems in getting it out of the tyre it just washes out with plain water. once it has sealed your puncture it is a permanent seal for the life of the tyre not just a quick fix to get you home, it's been tested up to 150 mph. But as I said in my first post it will not let you ride on a dangerous tyre it will not hide or mask something that could cause you harm. That's why I am sold on it.
The get you home puncture kits melt the rubber, that's how they seal the tyre and once you use it try getting someone to take it out, Then it's a new tyre you can't keep using it.

Don't drive faster than your angel can fly
No spare wheel - Xileno {P}
Whether bikergirl is true or not, I wouldn't be too happy with my e-mail address and phone number being on a forum. Unless permission has been granted of course.
No spare wheel - OldHand
Tell us more about ULTRA SEAL tm, it sounds like a great product. When you use ULTRA SEAL tm do you have to change the tyre after an incident?

When using ULTRA SEAL tm do you have to tell your insurance company? Is ULTRA SEAL tm recommended by the Cumbrian Constabulary and used by them? If not why not?

Remember I'll be contacting them to find out all about ULTRA SEAL tm.

Also in case you missed it- day off today is it? Just chilling out and shooting the breeze about ULTRA SEAL tm! Nice way to spend the day.
No it's not a day off I start at two so this is my last post of the day, and don't threaten me about getting in touch with my force quite frankly I don't give a damn.
To answer your questions: I have told you all I know about it to find out more I suggest you go on there web site www.ultraseal.biz you will find all you need to know there.
The guy I get my stuff from hands out cards and promotional literature all over the place that has his e-mail telephone number and address on it, so putting it on the web is just the same thing. I hope it gets him some business.
No you do not have to change your tyre after a puncture it is a permanent repair.
No you don't have to inform your insurance company.
No our force does not use it but I think it is under review.
Contact Durham Police they use it in their bikes.
By the way which force are you with? be honest I can check up!!!!

Must go I have work to do. Keep looking in your mirrors. I might be there.

Don't drive faster than your angel can fly
No spare wheel - rtj70
"The guy I get my stuff from hands out cards and promotional literature all over the place that has his e-mail telephone number and address on it, so putting it on the web is just the same thing. I hope it gets him some business."

I would say posting an email address on a website is not the same as handing out a business card. One method used to collect email addresses to send spam to is to trawl through web sites looking for email addresses. That email address is now probably going to get more spam than it ever has.
No spare wheel - OldHand
Bikergirl, at no time have I threatened anyone. I've talked to some of the guys at Carlton Hall and they say nobody of your description works with them.

What's your explanation for that?
No spare wheel - Dynamic Dave
The guy I get my stuff from hands out cards and promotional literature all over
the place that has his e-mail telephone number and address on it so putting it
on the web is just the same thing. I hope it gets him some business.

So, an admission of trying to promote someone elses business.

To quote from the sticky message at the top of the page

"Recommending sites, products and services
Please do not recommend a site in which you have an interest or connection without mentioning that fact. If you provide a product or service and want to post about it on the forums, it would be a good idea to run this past Honestjohn first, else you?ll get deleted as Spam."

Seeing as you haven't run this past HJ beforehand; the email address & phone number you posted have been deleted.

You are of course welcome to appeal against this decision - but if you use a disposable email address in which to make that appeal, it will simply fall on deaf ears.

DD. BR Moderator.
" i am a biker and a girl and a blond" just wondered what you were trying to achieve with that statement, sympathy? attention?
No spare wheel - normd2
Dear Bikergirl,
I've never doubted you once and I'm going to buy loads of ULTRA SEAL tm tomorrow.

p.s. if you see an older Previa heading south on the M74/M6 doing 85 on the first weekend in July please turn a blind eye.

thanks
No spare wheel - Chris S
Vespas carry a spare wheel - we'll the old ones in the 60's did
No spare wheel - Dalglish
>> I am a biker and a girl ..... I ride a ZX9R .... I am a class 1 police driver - that's what
I do for a living ...... I am with the Cumbria Police on traffic .... No it's not a day off I
start at two so this is my last post of the day ...

well with that personal info divulged in her posts above, and knowing that bikergirl is a police officer telling the whole truth and nothing but the truth, then it will be quite easy to confirm that she is who she says she is.

No spare wheel - Cliff Pope
Putting out a spoof advert for a wonder product is a good way of stopping people from trying it.
Would you now dare go into Halfords and say in a loud voice "I'd like to buy 2 tins of ULTRASEAL please, as advertised by BlondBikerGirl" ?
Not me - I'd sneak round to the John Bull repair kit section.
No spare wheel - local yokel
I frequent quite a few forums, and I've never yet seen a female member "out" herself so rapidly, and in such a way as to make her very easily identifiable.

Several of the forums also have members who say they are police officers, but I've never yet seen them promoting any product in this way.
No spare wheel - Happy Blue!
Hmmm

Just dropped in on this thread.

I certainly agree that my first thoughts were an advert - it has all the hallmarks: - new poster plugging a product 99% have never heard of and regarding bikes which 99% of us don't use.

However, she has come back with avengence. So, lets treat her like she seems to want to be treated.

Hello Bikergirl.

My friends in the Backroom are dubious as to your bona fides. The best way to do prove your true nature is to partake in other threads regarding other non-biker issues. The more you participate, the more you are treated as a fellow member. We may be holding a North West Back Room meet in early August; would you like to join us?
No spare wheel - bell boy
sorry but i just laugh {edit by DD} at the way you have all been taken in
can i just recommend brylcream while im here ;-o
No spare wheel - madf
Well I've just scanned the thread as my first read.
I'm totally taken in and want to buy.. WonderWheels is it? - or sparetyreinacan?

Obviously the advert fell flat:-)
madf
No spare wheel - Lud
I want to meet this 190mph blonde plodette. Just to see what she looks like.
No spare wheel - rtj70
Oddly enough, this add was posted only two days ago:

newcastle.gumtree.com/newcastle/28/10432228.html

No spare wheel - bathtub tom
'can i just recommend brylcream while im here'

Will it give my balding pate a better shine than Pledge, and if so, how's it on car paintwork?
No spare wheel - rtj70
Anyone know anything about "aqueous ethylene glycol solutions"? The bit I do not get about this product is if it stays as liquid in the tyre, how can it seal punctures upto 6mm in size? And how can it "condition" the side walls and prevent cracking when cracks appear on the outside and the liquid is on the inside?
No spare wheel - Gromit {P}
"aqueous ethylene glycol solutions"

aka: antifreeze. I can't see how a solution of engine coolant could remain liquid, seal holes, and diffuse through tyre compound to "condition" the outer surface as claimed.

But I'm open to correction - maybe I missed that lecture during my chemistry degree or the paper published on it during my PhD in polymer science :-)

- Gromit
No spare wheel - rtj70

I thought it was something like that. It's their website that says it is this solution type though:

www.ultraseal.biz/pages/materialsafety.htm

>
>>>>>>>
i would expect they use this so as to stop the material freezing into a lump on a cold morning,they could use vodka but maybe this would evaporate too quickly?
would be helpful though if you got stuck up a cairn with nothing to drink?
an avon vodka anyone?
No spare wheel - Andy P
I'm with you, Gromit - ethylene glycol is about as unreactive as you can get. You fill your tyre with that and it'll just leak out of the hole. I can't even think of anything "safe" that's that reactive.
No spare wheel - oldgit
aka: antifreeze. I can't see how a solution of engine coolant could remain liquid seal
holes and diffuse through tyre compound to "condition" the outer surface as claimed.
But I'm open to correction - maybe I missed that lecture during my chemistry degree
or the paper published on it during my PhD in polymer science :-)
- Gromit

Well, I am one of your online chemists and aqueous ethylene glycol would certainly not seal puncures in tyres. AFAIK Ethylene Glycol would/has serious adverse affects on rubber although vulcanised rubbers may be more resistant to its swelling, dissolving properties. Perhaps there is another major constituent omitted that does the sealing and conditiioning and someone has got the name of the chemical compound wrong.
No spare wheel - Altea Ego
How come a blonde biker babe gets an invite to the NW BR meet, but no-one has invited the spotty youth driving a focus saloon?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
No spare wheel - Lud
How come a blonde biker babe gets an invite to the NW BR meet but
no-one has invited the spotty youth driving a focus saloon?
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >

Never mind TVM.

You can come to Carnival instead.

No spare wheel - Round The Bend
TVM, thats unfair - he may not be driving a focus saloon anymore!
No spare wheel - piggy
>>>> it will not let you ride / drive on a dangerous tyre instead it lets
the tyre down in a controlled manner letting you get safely to the side of
the road.>>

If all it does is to let the air out slowly,then I`ll stick to an old-fashoned and quaint spare wheel ,thank you.
No spare wheel - Lud
If you want to be truly mobile there is no substitute for a proper, full-sized spare wheel, preferably on the same rim as the ones on the car. Anything else is just increasing the car user's radical dependence* on the industry aftermarket and shouldn't be tolerated by motorists.

*radical dependence= you buy it, it's yours, you have to carry on buying it because the industry has you by the gonads. The opposite of the madam's dictum: 'This is a great business. You got it, you sell it, you still got it.'
If this is the first posting, as claimed, then it's certainly left its mark...:-)
No spare wheel - rtj70
I've only ever had one puncture but my next car choice will almost certainly be one with a spare and not a can. But had the puncture become a blowout (it happened anywhere between Plymouth and Manchester) then I might say I'd like runflats. Maybe we should have a costed option for cars with run-flats to also have a spare? Run-flats won't prevent all types of tyre damage.

No spare wheel - rtj70
"I believe you are trying to use the HJ site for free advertising"

I still think this is still free advertising without the numbers unless we delete the words "Ultra Seal" as well? I suspect the bikers on this forum are not so vocal about this product's abilities.

If it's been around since 1969 as a product and is so brilliant, we would not only all know about it but all be using it. If it really worked then surely the tyre companies would have bought them out and shut them down to protect revenue on replacement tyres ;-)
No spare wheel - Dulwich Estate
Now then ... if this wonder sealant stuff had magnets in it I'd be really convinced of its worth.
if this wonder sealant stuff had magnets in it I'd be really convinced of its worth.>>

LOL.
No spare wheel - local yokel
Is it any good at protecting paintwork and upholstery?
No spare wheel - Pugugly {P}

Portions of this thread have been "hidden" for now. Keep it on the topics open for discussion.

1/ Ultra Seal

2/ HJ's post on the political issues surrounding Roads Policing.

Otherwise it gets locked. Mods have taken steps to authenticate the OP's credentials so can we leave that angle at that please ?

PU - Moderator.
No spare wheel - IanJohnson
Something fishy here - Ultraseal themselves may not be too happy about the OPs claims.

I looked at Ultraseal for SWMBO's car (it has spare but she could not fit it) and the OPs claims partially contradict Ultraseal (ultraseal.com)

She claims it lets the tyre down in a controlled manner. . . .

Ultraseal claim that for small punctures it allows continued use of the tyre with only a small pressure loss. . . . Controlled deflation is only for severe punctures

Contacted two suppliers and one was happy to supply and advised the 45 profile tyres were OK, the other advised not to use it in 45 profile tyres.

Our decision was that SWMBO would have to wait for the nice man from the RAC/VW Assist to fit the spare!
i think il stick with my denovo tyres thank you very much
No spare wheel - nb857
Anyone with superiour knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong.

The ZX9R dates back to err about 1995 ish and never did anything like 190, it was nearer to 163mph. So how are you getting 30 extra miles per hour from a 12 year old bike? Are you riding for a WSB team?
lots of hot air helps
as does two flywheels or should i say tyres filled with gunge
No spare wheel - rtj70
"as does two flywheels or should i say tyres filled with gunge"

Not gunge. It's Ultra Seal. A liquid that coats the inside of the tyre. Does not freeze (because it contains anti-freeze) Does not form lumps. Does not upset wheel balance (assume all who use it take wheels off tobalance them with the gunge - oops delete - liquid inside. And it plugs holes in the tyre.

Still sceptical. Apparently keeps elephants out of the butter in the fridge too.
No spare wheel - rtj70
"Anyone with superiour knowledge please correct me if I'm wrong. The ZX9R dates back to err about 1995 ish"

Cannot comment on max top speed but a quick google says it was available from about 1994. Until the ZX-10R came out fairly recently.
No spare wheel - Westpig
did a google search on 'top speed zx9r'.........article there said top speed 170 mph and was dated 2002
my google said 168
out side now
:-)
No spare wheel - Westpig
haven't had one of those since about 25 years ago when i had my upper teeth re-arranged for free
haven't had one of those since about 25 years ago when i had my upper
teeth re-arranged for free
by the way ultra seal holds dentures in and gives all day confidence without chaffing
No spare wheel - Armitage Shanks {p}
And without magnets too!
No spare wheel - oilrag
I just carry one of those small electric air compressors. Every puncture I have had since the demise of tubes has been a slow puncture.
This has always been enough to get to the next tyre shop.

If a tyre sealer can mask that slow leak and let me proceed with a nail in the tyre, without knowing,i dont want it.

Seems like the sealer in discussion is a franchise set up, which is perhaps its most interesting aspect.

Not sure how its possible to generate new customers though without a lot of capital outlay on advertising.......
No spare wheel - henry k
>>Seems like the sealer in discussion is a franchise set up, which is perhaps its most interesting aspect.
>>
A Google search shows
?exclusive distributorships? with postcode region exclusivity for a stock only charge of £792 + VAT.

It is a very very old product that I have not been made aware of :-)
?our product has been consistently proven internationally over a period of 36 years."
It has taken a long long time to reach our shores :-)

I think I will wait a little longer.