2002 Punto 1.2 - EOBD light on. - beamer
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have a 2002 petrol 1.2 petrol Punto which is showing a "EOBD System Engine Contol System" warning light and feel likes its running on two cylinders.

Taken it to local garage, who failed to find fault ( Tried new coil, they think it's electrical).

Do I have any options other than taking it to a Fiat dealership ?

Thanks for any help.

beamer

subject line altered to aid searching etc - PU
Punto problem - bell boy
if you are sure that the coil is ok then it sounds like the ecu on the back of the engine has failed
i would definately get a second opinion though, because i had this a few years ago and it was the ht leads that had failed ,(same model and never changed from new ,i know the car).
not cheap if ecu failed
personally i would source s/h for this year, but be aware its not a straight forward plug and fit.
Punto problem - Another John H
If you have a good spark at both ends of both coils, another option for running on fewer than 4 cylinders is a head gasket failure - it's a common problem on some Punto engines:

1.2 eight valve is top of the list.
Punto problem - greatspirit
renew plugs, HT leads, air filter and if problem persists get fault code diagnosis; these links may help
www.picotech.com/index.html

www.lambdasensor.com/
2002 Punto 1.2 - EOBD light on. - GregSwain
Get a compression test done to rule out HGF. Once that's been ruled out, you can start thinking about the electrical side of things. An auto-electrician should be able to determine the fault if it's electrical, and a 2nd-hand ECU from a scrapyard wouldn't require a main-dealer to fit ;-)