Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - R75
My Mother is about to sell her Rover 75 CDT Club, it has 117k on the clock, and is an 02 reg in Moonlight (Light pastel green). She asked me today to find out how much it is worth. After a scout around on Autotrader I reckon she could put it up for £3995 and take £3500 for a quick sale. I think she is going to offer it to a relative for the 3.5k first, does this sound like a fair price or have we over/under valued it?
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - injection doc
sadly due to rover's demise & lack of parts & dealers you take what you can get for one! Overvalued it ! yes, undervalued it ,they dont have a value but hopefully you will get lucky.
Lack of replies sums it up
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - flunky
Overvalued it ! yes undervalued it they dont have a value
but hopefully you will get lucky.

Nah, course they have a value. Higher than you'd think too - not cheap enough for me in other words. Several at cargiant when I was there, and a few buyers from what I could see too. Check their website: www.cargiant.co.uk/

Whatever is on there will all get sold.
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
From a quick look at Auto Trader, these prices are retail levels with a guarantee of sorts. I'd assume that a private sale value ,with the higher risk, would be considerably lower.
Just my opinion.
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - R40
sadly due to rover's demise & lack of parts & dealers you take what you
can get for one! Overvalued it ! yes undervalued it they don't have a value

Happy to add to the number of replies;) All 75 service parts are available from XPart same or next day. 95% of all other parts available from XPart warehouse within days. No real difference to many other manufacturers. If you are hearing the silly and baseless rumours doing the rounds about parts anywhere then ask XPart direct (the number is on the XPart website) A small number of owners club members have had issues obtaining some more obscure parts - but then XPart have usually always come through and found what was required.

XPart have just begun manufacturing certain of their own parts to replace the few more unreliable ones originally fitted to the car - the Bosch MAF sensor unit on the Diesel being the most well known example.

Demand for the 75 and thus prices are strengthening, particularly for the CDTi. For full info check out the owners club www.the75andztclub.co.uk/forum

hth

R

ps I have no link with XPart at all, I've just benefited from the service and support they provide.
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - injection doc
well R40
Im glad to hear you can get parts cause when I wanted a dual mass flywheel when they where new it was off the road for 4 months waiting & when a friend wanted an inlet manifold for an 1800 petrol he gave up & scrapped the car, couldn't even get one secondhand as they were already in demand
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - tanvir
sadly due to rover's demise & lack of parts & dealers you take what you
can get for one! Overvalued it ! yes undervalued it they dont have a value

I'm sorry, but that's complete rubbish
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - R75
I agree that they are over valued - but it is the market that is setting that value - I am not, nor would I buy it for that type of money. I think there are far better cars on the market for much lower prices. But the market seems to think 3.5-4k is a fair price for similar age cars with higher mileages. We shall see I suppose, it will either sell or it won't!
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - bell boy
i have nothing to add but my genius ;-)
Rover 75 CDT Club, How much? - pd
CAP value it at £3000 exactly so I reckon £3500 to a relative is a fair deal. Diesel 75's and right spec ZT's are very strong at auction at the moment unless they are in inferior condition which really knocks the price.

It is complete rubbish that 75's are worthless. For comparison, a 02 Mondeo 2.0 TDCi LX with the same mileage books at £2275!
tanvir, of course they have a set value. There are loads of them about (as many as, say, BMW 3-Series and they have a value!) and are a known quantity therefore the book values are usually pretty much spot on.

Whether they are good value or not at that price is a matter of debate but it is a supply and demand issue and the idea that an 02 75 can't be priced accurately is, frankly, one of the biggest loads of rubbish I've ever seen on this forum.
Sorry tanvir, I misread your post and the last post was incorrectly aimed at you.