What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - Pugugly {P}

Passing my local Vovlo outlet yesterday, the had a C30 parked outside, nothing odd in that really. But this was in a black type colour with-wait for it-red wheel arches and bumper, funny sort of red it was almost like red-oxide, very similar to that Rover 200 BRM special they tried to flog a few years ago..

On my way back from the task I was doing, there was a second one parked next to it but this one was green with beige arches and bumpers.....what's going on ?
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - Sprice
Some sort of protective film maybe?
It looked (at 30 mph I admit) like polished paintwork...
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - Kuang
A promo leaflet went out in this month's Top Gear magazine containing a love it/hate it campaign and competition based on the C30, so it may be part of that. There were also the three show cars that appeared about a year ago (bright blue and yellow, silver and slammed, camouflaged) so maybe they've now decided to test the water with regard to making some hotter versions? I hope so, I think it's an amazing looking little beastie :)
And me, they almost appeared on Mrs P's short-list of new cars before she fell for the Teuton.
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - Altea Ego
The C30 is the finest looking thing to wear the volvo badge ever. IN fact its the only good looking thing to wear the Volvo badge.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Well wrong RF - it is a very pretty motor, miles ahead of the Focus that its based on but really what about the P1800 ?
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - Altea Ego
I stand admonished PU, I forgot about the P1800.

As for the rest? V40's S80's? attractive? perlease people, a bag of nutty slack has more attractive lines.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - The Purifier
I'd disagree the S60's a very nice looking car and the new C70 is quite beautiful in my opinion
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - The Purifier
I mean I disagree about the comment that the C30's the only decent looking Volvo ever!
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - jase1
It's a good looking car -- and being a Volvo it'll doubtless be a very good quality car as well.

But I don't see the Marmite-yness about it to be honest. Whereas cars like the Megane you either love or loathe with a passion, this car is merely "nice". Nowt wrong with that, but did Volvo really have to advertise it in this way?
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - mike hannon
Looks to me as though the C30 should be about one third smaller than it is.
Seems like the hatchback door started the right size then everything around it 'just growed'.
What's been put in Volvo's Smogasbord ? - Cheeky
I'll also disagree, the original V40 I found attractive.