Auto Express Reliability Survey - Honest John
Have logged top 15 and bottom 15 for reliability from this survey into car by car breakdown. No real surprises. Rover 800 was bottom, closely followed by Land Rover Freelander (Maybe they should re-name it the Land Rover Lowloader, but at leats they can claim it's the second top off-roader). Toyota RAV4 was top of the list, with the Mazda 626 breathing up its exhaust pipe. Car by car breakdown also contains results of other reliability surveys so gives a balanced view.

HJ
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - on the road
I found the survey interesting overall. However, I have my doubts about one of the categories, namely "performance"

Surely listing this by car model alone is meaningless. The 2.0 litre version of a particular model (e.g. a Ford Focus) would score far higher in terms of performance than the 1.4 version.
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - Mark (Brazil)
>>closely followed by Land Rover Freelander

That's a first, a Freelander following *anything* closely other than a tow truck.

Stuart - if you could see me, you would would be able to watch a fine performance of the "Told You So" dance.

HJ - Where can I find the survey online ?

M.
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - Flat in Fifth
Mark (Brazil) wrote:
>

> Stuart - if you could see me, you would would be able to
> watch a fine performance of the "Told You So" dance.
>

Mark,

I'll post this on site, I'm not saying anything I've not already said directly. But you've asked for this.

I didn't object or say that you were wrong in fact, what I said is that, despite the hilarious nature of many of your posts, I considered you went over the top in your "anti Freelander campaign." The last part is in quotes are there because its your phrase that I'm using.

This resulted in someone who is the target market for such a vehicle not wishing to post that actually they quite liked theirs because of the anticipated reaction. They were in effect *bullied* into silence.

"Told you so" being danced over here too!

Stuart
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - Trevor Potter
1 major flaw with this survey - they all had to be Auto Express readers.

How many WOMEN read Auto Express?
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - neil
Ooh, you crazy Potter Person!

You may be the most politically correct punter ever in the world, but I really can't see how gender of ownership would affect reliability - the days of handbag on choke being long gone?

Unless we're talking mechanical sympathy here - in which case your sexism is more alarming than your hitherto exemplary PC-ness!
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - Trevor Potter
You know very well I am NOT saying

"gender of ownership would affect reliability"

BUT do you not think it could affect bias of contributors to an Auto Express survey?

Would women rate performance in a car as high as men?

(N B - this query, IF politically incorrect, was raised by SWMBO,
who said "How many women took part in this survey?" - I of course had to answer - "Not a clue")
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - neil
If that was your response to more questions, I'd have a lot more time for you.

Go on, you know it makes sense! You might learn something...
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - The Bully
Oi!

Is there *no* name I can have for myself?!;-(
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - Mark (Brazil)
Stuart,

Gosh, you took that a bit seriously.

Mark.

p.s. my dance is better and lasted longer
Re: Auto Express Reliability Survey - Flat in Fifth
Mark (Brazil) wrote:
>
> Stuart,
>
> Gosh, you took that a bit seriously.

Sorry Mark, I'd just suffered a bit of road rage from a plonker who seemed to think give way lines applied to everyone bar him.
Not fair to take it out on you, apologies.

>
> p.s. my dance is better and lasted longer

Undoubtedly, have a good weeknd