Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - smartcar
Hi i have a Vauxhall Asta 1.4 LS 1996 model and it starts and runs perfectly for around 3-4 seconds then it just dies out.
any ideas what may be causing this and or how to fix this thanks?
Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - trig
hi will the engine run if you keep revs up, my brother had same car and problem found a air pipe had fallen off
Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - Screwloose
smartcar

Sounds like the immobilizer; have you tried another key?
the car doesnt have an ignition to it due to it being stolen and recovered currently trying to get it working and sort it out and get it back on the road

would have thought it could be hotwired due to it already being stolen once, i have the key for it and tried lots of stuff

any help to get it working would be much appreciated.. thanks

p.s. about the first reply - iv tried putting revs on it still cuts out but im sure there is a way to keep it running

thanks for help
Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - Dynamic Dave
I take it the dash lights are on when you try? If it is immobiliser related, then the ecu light will be flashing on and off.
Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - Screwloose

Dealing with this is clearly way beyond your competence. Hot wiring went out with Morris Marinas. Call in an auto-locksmith from the Yellow Pages.

This car has a digital code encrypted in the chip embedded in the key; at key-on the immobilizer powers the key and reads the code. It then passes an authorization code to the Engine ECU within 3 seconds of start-up. No code or wrong code and it stops.

Try hot-wiring that.
Dynamic Dave - the ecu light flashes when only the black and the red wire are connected but if you connect the blue/brown wire to them it stops it flashing

Screwloose - obviously this car can be hot-wired due to it being stolen beforehand which is why it is a stolen and recovered vehicle so there must be a way to bypass this authorisation from the immobiliser/engine ecu, but thanks for your reply.

if anyone has any information on hotwiring it could they e-mail it to me at les01h@aol.com as i doubt it would be allowed to be mentioned on a public forum for obvious reasons

thanks for help
Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - adverse camber
whereas emailing such info to someone who registered today would be fine ?
Asta 1.4 LS 1996 cuts out after 3 second - Dynamic Dave
whereas emailing such info to someone who registered today would be fine ?

It would be a private exchange of information, whereas on a public forum it wouldn't be.