Polo steering noise - csgmart
1996 1.4 CL Polo with power steering. On occassions the steering gives out a sort of "rubbery squeeking" type of noise.

I don't think it is related to the pump - sounds more like rubber parts being rubbed together.

Any ideas?
Polo steering noise - Peter D
Pump drive belt squeeking. When does it do it ? on load i.e. lots of lock or when cold or what. Regards Peter
Fiited a new auxiliary belt a month ago so it's not that (and the noise was there before and after fitting).

It seems to do it when the outside temperature is warm. i.e. it is more prone to making the noise of a warm sunny day that a cold one.

Also only really makes the noise when you are turning the wheel through som degree of turn - when parking for example.

I wondered if could be the steering arm balljoints or swivel hubs (I presume the Polo uses this type of arrangement?).
Polo steering noise - Peter D
You may have a siezed turning plate bearing at the top of the strut and thew rubber isolation os tuning instead and rubbing against the top of the strut. It needs fixing at it will soon cut thru the rubber and and damage the trut top mounting. Regards Peter
Thanks for the suggestion - will investigate.

Cheers