Family Car Advice - Richie_green
Hi people,

We are looking to change our car and am looking for some expert advice.

I have a 3-dr X Reg 206 1.1 LX with 63000 on the clock and we are looking to change this for a more family orientated car. Our four month old baby is growing fast so we need a 5 dr vehicle.

I am looking around X, Y or 51 reg and around 50000 max with a budget of £3500-£4000 and have looked at the newer shape mondeo, laguna and picasso but am looking for feedback and other recommendations? The laguna seem reasonably well priced?

Any advice would be great!!
Family Car Advice - Pugugly {P}
Is a Focus too small ?. You might get an Astra for a little bit less, day to day (apparently) every bit as good as a Focus.
Family Car Advice - Richie_green
Yes a focus and astra are to small. Had a look and the boot aren't big enough
Family Car Advice - Avant
A Mondeo would be fine - also look at a Skoda Octavia which isn't quite so big in terms of total length, but like the Mondeo is available as a hatchback or an estate; boith have huge boots.
Family Car Advice - OldHand
You can't do much better than a Mondeo for an all rounder. The boot is massive and they are suprisingly good to drive with steering feel that's a lot better than many supposed 'sporty' cars. Massive choice means you can find exactly what you want and haggle over the price.
Family Car Advice - Pugugly {P}
What about a Signum then ?
Family Car Advice - OldHand
A Signum is a good choice other than the fact it only has 4 seats which has to count against it as a 'family' car.

I thought about a 3.0 V6 Signum with all the toys myself as a hack to get remapped and pile the mile on. In the end though I decided a Golf GTi would probably cost me less overall just because of depreciation.