Help please - VW Golf throttle problem - JerryBerry
When I put my foot down in my Golf, there is a delay and what feels like a shudder before the power kicks in. It doesn't happen if I accelerate slowly.

So far VW have fitted an Air Mass meter, then 'cleaned and repaired' the throttle body. I've now had a new Charge Pressure Sensor (or Map sensor) fitted, as the code reader said that was at fault - but the fault is still there.

Any ideas?
Help please - VW Golf throttle problem - Peter D
Petrol diesel, what engine code, shell we all guess. Regards Peter
Sorry - first time for me! Petrol, 1.8 GTi (180), year 2003 - don't have engine code on me.
Help please - VW Golf throttle problem - George Porge
Post up the area in which you live, someone may know of a good independant or franchised garage that can help you.

Anyone can read a fault code given they have a code reader and 5 minutes training, interpreting the code and diagnosing the faulty component takes experience

I live in Swindon
Help please - VW Golf throttle problem - Screwloose
Jerry

I make that an AUQ - and that engine code always says "check the coilpacks" to me. Modified packs available - supplied free under extended warranty on many.

What fault-codes have been found so far - all of them. These generate shedloads; even when there's nothing wrong.
Thanks.

I've heard of this coil problem and that the warranty was extended from 3 to 5 years, but VW have said it's not the coils (although I am starting to doubt this). I don't have the codes myself (or equipment to read them), so I guess I'll need to get the car/codes read again, and go from there. I've found an independant garage to use (rather than VW).

Would VW keep a record of the codes?
Help please - VW Golf throttle problem - Screwloose
Jerry

They should have kept them. It's good practice to list all codes found on the invoice for future reference. At least they should have them on the computer jobcard.

They may have been faced with a wall of codes at first reading and disregarded the misfire ones as "normal" as they don't recur after clearing.