Peugeot 306 TD - Dodgy starter motor? - Carlos5
I have a 1995 Peugeot 306 TD. Problem is that car wont start, battery ok and I get the old clicking noise. Dont know a great deal about motors but think "starter motor". Apart from clicking noise, there is also a clicking noiose coming from the relay box under the dash. This stops after a while.While this other noise is going on, clock display and sidelights start flashing. Mad eh? Also if I buty scrapper starter motor will it have solenoid attached or not? Ta.
Peugeot 306 TD - Dodgy starter motor? - Screwloose
Carlos

Before you buy anything; fix a jump lead between the a clean metal point on the engine and the battery negative post.

[If it's still got the old screw-down green terminal, make sure it's making a good contact; if the terminal's getting hot when you try and crank it - it isn't .]
Peugeot 306 TD - Dodgy starter motor? - Bri
Hi,
Before you do anything - try jumping the motor from a known good battery. I recently had a similar problem on my motorbike, thought the battery was good, but just kept getting the rapid clicking noise. Jumped the bike from a good battery and the bike started. Bought a new battery - job sorted.
Peugeot 306 TD - Dodgy starter motor? - thomp1983
the sidelights going sounds like you've set the alarm off and the siren is disabled. when you put the key in turn it to ignition then press the button near where you insert the key, the lights should stop flashing and it might start then

chris
Peugeot 306 TD - Dodgy starter motor? - peardrops
This is almost identical to the problem I've had recently and posted about on here.

Basically it was a dodgy earth connection due to the wet weather.

Fiddle about with all of the earth cables, clean all of the connections etc.

Eventually my started but then stunk of fuel due to being flooded.

Our alarm lights were flashing like a prozzers knickers every time we put the ignition on. Once we got the car started, we were able to use the key fob to lock the car, set the alarm and then turn it off again using the fob. This has stopped all of the lights going mental and the alarm sounding even when the engine was running.