Alloy Wheel Damage - How Serious? - Marc4Six
Hit a pothole the other day and damaged a wheel, here are a couple of pictures of the damage.

tinyurl.com/2kcrhk
tinyurl.com/39jxq9

A few quick inquires suggest alloy wheel repairs locally are rare to non-existent, one suggestion was that a new wheel would be cheaper, unfortunately these wheels are no longer available so that is not an option. Another option is to send the wheel away for repair, I have a number in Maidstone some 250 miles away!

So, as getting the wheel repaired appears to be an almighty pain, my question is how serious is the damage likely to be in terms of invisible weakening of the wheel likely to cause failure at a later date?

I have been trying to assess if there is vibration from the wheel but the roads are so carp it is difficult to tell, even at 70. Is it too risky to just leave the damage unrepaired?
Alloy Wheel Damage - How Serious? - tr7v8
The company down here were probably Lepsons in Gillingham but pretty close to Maidstone if your 250 miles away! Damage is relatively minor & would be easy for Lepsons, I've seen much, much worse repaired. I've been involved with race cars where wheels have had more damage than that & it wouldn't worry me to have it repaired, the Rally boys do it all the time.
Ask around your local car sales places in the area, they'll have someone who does refurbs, or a comb through the Yellow pages etc. Might also be worth asking on Pistonheads.co.uk if anyone has a tame local co.
They're OZ so a replacement ain't going to be cheap.
Alloy Wheel Damage - How Serious? - wayne1980
alright marc,
have you ever heard of fenwick supplies ltd. they are an alloy wheel repair/refurb company that operate nation wide. they sorted out my mates 2 front enkei alloys on his type-r after he had it recovered from being stolen. top job they did too. contact them on (freephone) 08000288911. hope they can help, wayne.
Alloy Wheel Damage - How Serious? - Marc4Six
Thanks for the suggestion wayne, but Fenwick currently only cover the north of England, I'm in Devon. But I have found a couple of local possibilties that I shall check out.