ZX 16 Valve - Colin
Very quick car and starts first time from cold. Also starts when hot right after stopping. If left for approx.15 minutes takes up to 30 minutes to start,if at all. When it does start from warm,runs fine and no problem untill next warm start. Any ideas? it's driving me mad!
Thanks
Colin
Re: ZX 16 Valve - David Davies
Colin
Would suggest finding out a bit more information to track down this fault

1Is it a starter motor problem(slow cranking over)?

2Is it an ignition problem(do you have good ignition spark)?

3Is it a fuel problem(do you have loss of fuel pressure and or leaky injectors)?

Check for these items next time it won't start after a hot soak and let us know what you find.
Re: ZX 16 Valve - Simon Butterworth
Shot in the dark (maybe) assume this car has a 1.6 or 1.9 XU type unit?

Is the fuel pump on the end of the camshaft?.

Old BX with that configuration (albeit carburreted rather than injected) was very prone to vapourisation in the fuel lines, possibly due to incorrectly assembled heat proof gaskets etc on the pump. The clue was lack of visible fuel in the translucent filter housing, when the vapour cleared you could actually see it re fill.
ZX 16 Valve - J.C.
Not related, but what's the chances of you looking under the bonnet & telling me the route of the pipewoek from the vacuum diaphrams & ACAV system ? The diaphrams on my 16 valve are constantly open after having to take the ACAV unit out to carry out some maintenance on the engine, not a problem as the performance is fantastic ! but i feel i might have reconnected them in a different configuration & really should check it out ?
Ta J.C.

ZX 16 Valve - sorrera
Had similar problem with the "furio" version which I think was the 1.8 8v version. Turns out it was either a fuel or air sensor (sorry can't remeber which)

IIRC wasn't too pricy at main dealer.