Insurance/0870 - mal
I have just received my renewal papers for my car insurance and I am infuriated to note they now have adopted an 0870 contact number for renewal. We have two policies with this company and I feel I am paying them enough money without increasing their profits via our telephone bill.
I am going to contact them via one of their 0800 numbers for new business and if they refer me to an 0870 number I will threaten to take my business elsewhere.
To repeat myself , these numbers simply infuriate me!!, they cost 8 pence a minute and more often than not you are deliberately held in a queue to generate income for them !!

MAD and getting MADDER!!.

Ps I do try "say no to 0870 " first.
Insurance/0870 - geoffken
Try www.saynoto0870.com to see if they have a proper number
Insurance/0870 - Armitage Shanks {p}
Some firms are more cooperative than others. I use a certain telephone banking service which is an 0845 number but, when I asked, they gave me a conventional 0166???????? number to use. Say no to 0870 is very good. I found an 01 number there for a PC World helpline which was meant to be an 8p/minute number - I had 30 minutes talking to them as part of my "£10 a month for all calls" package - Bargain!
Insurance/0870 - Stuartli
geoffken does say he tried SayNoTo8070 first...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Insurance/0870 - DavidHM
No, he says he'll use one of the 0800 numbers they advertise for new business.

saynoto0870 does list 0800 numbers but also the local numbers that those numbers redirect to.
Insurance/0870 - Stuartli
Well either I'm misreading this statement: "Ps I do try "say no to 0870 " first" with "do" meant to be "did" or got it all wrong..:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Insurance/0870 - mal
For al the English grammar experts out there, to clarify things and to avoid any more analysis of my posting, the statement "I do try say no to 0870 first" was referring to the statement "these numbers simply infuriate me!!, they cost 8 pence a minute and more often than not you are deliberately held in a queue to generate income for them !!". :-)).

Insurance/0870 - ForumNeedsModerating
If the 'noto0870' doesn't have a listing, try googling the name - this may yield:

- main switchboard number which may have an option for 'quotes' 'sales' whatever or a helpful receptionist - simply ask for tranfer to 'quotes' 'sales' line or ask for the number if dialling from overseas.

- if all esle fails: the fax number (if listed on their main website) is often their landilne number plus 1, e.g if the last six digits of the fax number were for example, 123001, it's odds on the main number is 123000 - be aware though, it may not & you may dial an 'innocent' party, caveat emptor etc.

I resent 0870's too - support lines etc. may be acceptable, but on sales or enquiry lines it's a ruddy cheek.