help how to fit clutch cable on a 106 - hulsty
help pls i have taken out my old clutch cable on my 106 as it has snapped but i cant get the new one to fit in the hole in the bulk head ive checked and the new cable is an exact match to the old one but it just wont go in pls help ive been trying for 2 hours and am geting angry so pls help
help how to fit clutch cable on a 106 - 659FBE
I've done this job - it's not very nice. Firstly, check absolutely and for sure that you have the right cable. There are two types and they differ at the bulkhead fitting.

Assuming you've got the white nylon "slotted torpedo" hooked into the top of the clutch pedal (if you have - well done!), connect the other end to the lever on the bell housing. Assuming you're using a pattern manual adjust cable, screw up the nuts to remove free play (you'll need to adjust it again later when the bulkhead fitting goes in). Now lubricate the bulhead black nylon fitting - WD40 will do.

Get an accomplice to hold the cable outer exactly perpendicular to the bulhead - it's a bit inaccessible because of the steering rack but you can push it into line with the hole with a screwdriver. Then you simply press the cluch pedal right down and it pops in. If it won't go in, it's either out of line or dry - it's a very tight snap fit.

Adjust the clutch at the bellhousing - allow a little free play at the pedal and lock the nuts together - thoughtfully different sized hexagons.

Finally, take plenty of your favourite backache remedy - or have a beer (after road test).

help how to fit clutch cable on a 106 - hulsty
thanks ive tryed to push the slotted end in but it just wont go in it goes in bout 5mm then feels like somat in the way do u know what this coulkd be
help how to fit clutch cable on a 106 - 659FBE
Can you give me a clearly worded description as to how far you've got? The vital first step is to fit the white nylon end of the cable onto the hook on top of the clutch pedal. There is a spring clip which makes it extremely awkward to do. I have a method of doing this.

I know this part of the car very well, so I should be able to help if given the right information.

help how to fit clutch cable on a 106 - bell boy
I know this part of the car very well so I should be able to
help if given the right information.

sordid details required please ;-o