Points recorded at DVLA? - Armitage Shanks {p}
I notice that the 3 points on my licence are laboriously handwritten by someone in the Traffic Office that awarded them. I suppose that there is some central record in Swansea and that if one's licence is renewed on age gounds (due for me shortly) the points will appear on the new paper counterpart, on the basis that central records are held on the Swansea database? Put another way - to get points removed from your licence do they see them on the licence that you send in to get them removed from and compare this with their records or is the only record of your points on the licence that you send in for amendement? DVLA Site does not explain SFAIK
Points recorded at DVLA? - Dwight Van Driver
When the DL was forwarded to Mags Clerks Office with the cash donation it would be at that office that your 3 points would be written on your Licence and then returned.

MCO would then notify DVLA that they had so endorsed and that fact would then go onto your computor record of your Driving Licence held by them. There the points remain and are not automatically removed when the points become void. It is up to the individual to apply to DVLA for a clean counterpart once one can qualify - 4 years for speeding.

dvd

Points recorded at DVLA? - milkyjoe
dvd

do you have to pay to get the tarnish off the licence?
Points recorded at DVLA? - martint123
>> do you have to pay to get the tarnish off the licence?

www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/DriverLicensing/Endo...0

If you want to remove any expired endorsements from your driving licence eg penalty points for speeding, then you must apply to the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) using the relevant application form and fee.

And you have to update to a photocard license if you have an old paper one, so even more cost?
Points recorded at DVLA? - Dwight Van Driver
Pweecisely Martin

No body works for nowt now adays.....

dvd
Points recorded at DVLA? - Armitage Shanks {p}
Many thanks for the information and helpful links posted, which clarified the situation. AS