How much is a MINI really worth? - y2k+4
I was recently looking around thinking about changing my Focus TDCi for a MINI One or Cooper. I was surprised to see that £9k would only buy you an 52/03 Cooper or 53/04 One (obviosuly with a/c). Are these cars really in that much demand still, and retaining such value, or is the Mini Cherished scheme particularly overpriced? I'm not sure I could live with the lack of space, but it was a whimsical notion that left me a bit jaw-dropped, as those Coopers are practically 5 years old and have been replaced...
How much is a MINI really worth? - Pugugly {P}
Market Forces. SWMBO did very well in selling her almost 6 year old high mileage one.
How much is a MINI really worth? - flunky
£9k seems a bit pricey.

one sold for £8.6k for a 53 Cooper with only 18k miles climate control,dvd satnav and cd changer:

cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-MINI-COOPER-BLUE_W0QQitemZ1701...m

Some stupid prices around though. £16k for this:

www.cargiant.co.uk/cars/detail.asp?Id=327714

seems like madness to me.
How much is a MINI really worth? - storme
i sold mine for the same price i paid for it !!!
--
sometimes a little bit too much opinion....but its only because i care !!!
oops..

and after 18 months of owning it from new
--
How much is a MINI really worth? - Another John H
It's worth what somebody is prepared to pay for it.

Supply and demand, desireability/fashion, readily available "cheap" money.... if there's little price difference between old and new why buy an old one?
the reason for "why buy an old one" is.... Delivery time
--
How much is a MINI really worth? - Clk Sec
>>> the reason for "why buy an old one" is.... Delivery time

I was hoping to achieve a similar result in 1980 with a new Morgan, but changed my mind when given a delivery lead time of 7 years!

How long for a new Mini?

Clk Sec
How much is a MINI really worth? - Chris White
£9k seems a bit pricey.
one sold for £8.6k for a 53 Cooper with only 18k miles climate control dvd
satnav and cd changer:

I'd agree with flunky, there are some expensive ones around but then looking through Autotrader, £9K will get you a 2004 53 Reg Mini Cooper 1-owner, 43k miles (tinyurl.com/2vq9yn)

Or, if you don't mind slightly higher miles a 2004 04 Reg Mini Cooper with 72k miles can be yours for only £7,495 (tinyurl.com/2rjmca)

Chris.