Daewoo Matiz - opinions? - Chris S
I'm thinking of buying a Daewoo Matiz, just to get me to work and back about 10 miles away.

It's a T-reg with 78K on the clock, with a full MOT for £900.

Does anyone know if these cars are prone to any major faults?

Also do they have cam-belts or cam-chains? Thanks.
Daewoo Matiz - opinions? - flunky
There is a fullbreakdown if you click on 'Car-by-car breakdown' to the left

" Despite one reader's 92k miles and 5 years, they don't generally seem to last much longer than 3 years or so without starting to cost an unjustifiable amout in repairs."

"Timing belt and tensioner pulley replacement at 40k miles or 4 years whichever comes first is critical."

I doubt it's had the second cam belt change.

Seems quite expensive unless it's got air con. I'd ask for £200 off to pay for the belt change.

I reckon you're going to be paying £300/year to get it through the MOT, so it might make sense to get a slightly bigger car, as paying to keep something that small on the road doesn't make sense to me.
Daewoo Matiz - opinions? - stunorthants26
I did 55k in 2.5 years with no problems aside from failed alternator at 44k. Mine was a 98 S reg with air con.

Must have full service history though as neglect equals big bills.

If its a good well looked after car, then its ok at that money but it must be in good nick, body and mechanically. At this price, its more about whether you can get a car in better condition for the money than actual material value.

To own mine was pretty good, but it will struggle on M-way hills altho get it up to 80 and it will fare better than at 70. Gearbox is always a bit vague and clunky but you get used to it.
Dont buy one is a silly colour as it will be hard to get rid of later on.