cockpit cleaner - Alebear
I have used SAAB's own brand cockpit cleaner to clean the trim etc in my car for years. It has been brilliant, in that it does actually clean back to how the car looked new, rather than put on some thin veneer of silicone.
Cockpit shine and other brands all leave horrible residue.
Are there any brands that spray on and wipe off that are good at CLEANING?
The SAAB brand stuff appears to have been withdrawn. Bob Lutz.....you've got to love him.
cockpit cleaner - Ian (Cape Town)
Careful, Alebear!
There are some on the market which, while doing an effective job, leave a horrid gleam as well, which gives a less-than-delightful head-up display effect during sunshine driving.
cockpit cleaner - slowdown avenue
vauxhall have their own brand.
cockpit cleaner - L'escargot
A damp cloth works for me. If a damp cloth won't work then you've got a serious dirt problem!
--
L\'escargot.
cockpit cleaner - Hamsafar
Matt Dash (I think by SIMONIZ) but not sure, is a foam cleaner with no silicone oil added. This seems to work well for me, and can be used on all sorts of things, even the engine bay.
cockpit cleaner - Victorbox
As slowdown says, Vauxhall have their own range - not Vauxhall branded - in yellow packaging I think but for the life of me I can't remember the brand - German I think. Usually on display in their parts dept. I would bet it is similar to SAAB's own cleaner.
cockpit cleaner - tintin01
Poundworld near us has the RAC range of cleaners (car seat, bumpers etc) for a pound. Not tried mine yet but may be worth a go for £1.
cockpit cleaner - mike hannon
I guess SAAB must be the only car manufacturer in the world that can get away with calling something 'cockpit cleaner'!
cockpit cleaner - Lud
Bristol could, if it went in for own-brand products :o)
cockpit cleaner - Hamsafar
"not Vauxhall branded - in yellow packaging I think but for the life of me I can't remember the brand"

SONAX?
cockpit cleaner - mike hannon
Doh!
Mind you, I think the last plane they made was the one and only Brabazon in about 1949, or is my brain going loop-de-loop again?
cockpit cleaner - milkyjoe
well they do make dodgy aeroplanes
cockpit cleaner - Marc
Ashok's right - it's SONAX. They have it at my local Vauxhall dealer. Never used it personally though
cockpit cleaner - sony
All a waste of time! As l'escargot says damp cloth will do the trick and not harm or fade any of the plastics!
cockpit cleaner - Alebear
Well, after doing a number of tests with various products, (including damp rags - which are pretty ineffectual at really giving a decent clean). I think I have settled on my replacement product.
I shall be using AutoGlym's fast Glass cleaner (it can be used on plastics too...I checked!) - which leaves nothing approaching a residue, and if anything, cleaned even better than the original SAAB product. One has to use a microfibre cloth though. For everyone's information the SAAB product used to be manufactured by a Swedish firm - clearly why Lutz decided that it had to go.
cockpit cleaner - Brian Tryzers
...the SAAB product used to be manufactured by a Swedish firm - clearly why Lutz decided that it had to go.

Don't worry - I'm sure you'll soon be able to buy Mr Muscle cunningly disguised with a Saab badge.
cockpit cleaner - doctorchris
I used to work for a fruit machine and juke box supplier. When these machines came out of the pubs the exteriors and interiors were coated in what I suspect was a mix of tobacco tar and beer, almost impossible to remove. We used a wonderful foaming cleaner called Amberclens which is still available though I cannot name a supplier for you. It would be great for car interiors and would leave no residue.