How to clean seats - David Horn
I think the cloth seats in my car need cleaning. I got in wearing a white t-shirt this morning and the back of the t-shirt is now a dirty grey! Is it doable with a kit from Halfords* or should I just get someone who does valets?

* If such a kit exists. Can anyone recommend something?
How to clean seats - 1066
borrow a wet and dry hoover and spray on the cleaning fluid and vaccuum off. doesnt matter if you overwet it aslong as it isnt drenched and agitate the surface of the cloth and hoover off.

5 mins a seat at max
How to clean seats - deepwith
David, even better than a wet/dry vacuum cleaner is a commercially hired carpet/upholstery cleaner. If you are moving out of student digs shortly you could combine both cleaning up the carpets/sofa etc in digs with cleaning car seats/carpets - clean the car seats first as it is about two hours before they are really dry again. You will be amazed at the amount of grit that comes out of both car and carpets in the house. You hire by the half day and for the detergent from dry cleaners and some supermarkets.
How to clean seats - bell boy
if you do hire do not try to save a dolla by using something like stardrops in the machine,i did a few years ago and nearlly killed myself with breathing in the vapours in a confined space
How to clean seats - AR-CoolC
If using the W&D vacuum, don't use the onboard dispenser. Mix up the chosen cleaning fluid in a spray bottle, spray on the seat and aggitate with a brush (nail brush or similar) and then use the vacumm to remove it. This stops the seats getting too wet, and means you can use the car again much earlier.
How to clean seats - L'escargot
I think the cloth seats in my car need cleaning. I got in wearing a
white t-shirt this morning and the back of the t-shirt is now a dirty grey!

If your custom and practice results in something as bad as that then I think you really need disposable seat covers! ;-)
--
L\'escargot.
How to clean seats - David Horn
If your custom and practice results in something as bad as that then I think
you really need disposable seat covers! ;-)

Well, it doesn't - that's that worries me! The back of the car is a whole different matter since the bike regularly got thrown in there over the winter and a lot of muck dropped off. In fact, in warm weather all the bacteria start respiring and the windows steam up...

However, as I said, I always got changed before getting in the front. I think it's just 8 years accumulated muck.
How to clean seats - Brian Tryzers
> I think the cloth seats in my car need cleaning. I got in wearing a white t-shirt this morning and the back of the t-shirt is now a dirty grey!

The answer's in the question, David. Just wear clean, white clothes every time you drive it and in a couple of weeks your seats will be good as new.
}:---)
How to clean seats - Victorbox
I've had good results with this Turtle Wax product although the Halfords link says "without brush" the 2 year old can I have came with a stiff plastic brush on the lid that makes seat cleaning quite easy.

www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product...2
How to clean seats - Jonnys06
I found a steam cleaner worked really well. I didnt use any soap etc, just used the steam to remove the dirty area and maybe a bit of a scrub with a kitchen flannel/scourer and the seats look as new.
I found a steam cleaner worked really well. I didnt use any soap etc just
used the steam to remove the dirty area and maybe a bit of a scrub

did this once with a nice velour interior viva
everything went mush
be warned :-(
How to clean seats - Jonnys06
My thread applied to grey cloth seats of a Mercedes E320. Not tried on other cloths. Presume it'd be ok on black cloth??
just be carefull as the heat does funny things thats all :-)