VW Polo MK5 Oil change- wheres the sump? - unclebob
Simple question, where is the oil sump on the MK 5 Polo?
Did the change on 1.9 mk 3 Golf, 1.0l mk 4 (early) polo, then came to do the 1.9sdi mk5 polo and got stuck!

Any ideas where it is?
Im thinking it is under the cover under the car, but dont want to removed it and check- its a little wet out there and i gotta lay down under the car to do it!
VW Polo MK5 Oil change- wheres the sump? - yorkiebar
Unless they have redisgned the engine (and I havent looked at one of these indetail) then it will be at the bottom !
VW Polo MK5 Oil change- wheres the sump? - mss1tw
UB with all respect this might suggest letting someone else do the change for you
VW Polo MK5 Oil change- wheres the sump? - unclebob
Soz- dunno if i sound like i didnt know what i was doing,

I know where it is generally- ie i know where it is on the golf, and the mk4 polo but neither of them have a protective tray UNDER the engine, which the MK 5 polo does!

The question i was trying to ask was along the lines of is it hidden behind the tray or is it to the side of the tray.

No matter though, i waited for it to dry up a little outside and removed the tray underneath and hey presto there it is!
VW Polo MK5 Oil change- wheres the sump? - Dynamic Dave
As you say, you have to remove the tray. It's previously been mentioned on here that sometimes the garages either don't bother refitting them, or that they refit them so poorly that they fall off at a later date.