Micra Running Problem - honeybear
My 1.0 1994 Micra is running very rough,this mainly happens at over 30 mph and it seems to be a fuel supply problem as it will be ok and then be very jerky,when you put your foot to the floor nothing happens to the accelaration, the injection fuse is ok but the fuel filter looks like the original,car has 70K on clock and uses Esso all the time however it does very low mileages maybe 50 a week, any advice would be appreciated,would it be prudent to change the fuel filter and give it a dose of injector cleaner .
Micra Running Problem - bell boy
change the filter
be aware its under pressure when hoses undone
make sure no naked lights
ignition off
Thanks for that can anyone give me any tips on changing the filter, its very accesable and looks fairly easy on pipe top one bottom and a couple of clips,main concern is the pressure of fuel will it squirt out all over initially ?
Micra Running Problem - bell boy
stick one of the wifes old towels over it as you undo one side its only a squirt shot of fuel pressure,just watch your eyes as it hurts badly
i still suggest you change this first if its original (silver metal) as i once changed a badly running one of these and it was indeed blocked, a see through one from A1 spares will be good enough fit it right way round (arrows fitted) should be ABOUT £1 EACH
the soldered up throttle body jobbie usually needs doing if the car wont tick over from cold,there is a nice little bodge to get round this though
Micra Running Problem - Screwloose
honeybear

Could be the filter; but it's far more likely to be cracked solder joints in the air-flow sensor built into the throttle body.

Do a forum search; it's a common question and fairly easily fixed if you're handy with a soldering iron.
The filter does look like the original as its marked Nissan, the car runs ok on idle does this discount the throttle body job, oh and more evidence it conked out on me on a quite steep slpoe and was a real pig to get going again.