Micra throttle body question please. - Petel
Chap at work has 98 1ltr Micra with running rough problems. ( Have already used the forum search )

Local main dealer did diagnostic ( £40 ) and declared the problem to be the Lambda. Cleaned and replaced, no difference. Then decided new TB required at £400 recon unit. No chance said the owner. Second trip to main dealer, dealer, removed TB, cleaned and replaced it. Car drove for approx 700 yards when the same problem re-appeared. Back to main dealer who pulled the plug off the Mass Oxygen Sensor and taped it out of the way. Car now running fine.

Question is, are there any possible implications of running with this item disconnected, engine damage, increased fuel consumption, etc, etc ? Thank you
Micra throttle body question please. - McP
Not an answer to your question but maybe a solution???

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=51029&...e
Thanks Primera, I had found the item you mentioned when I did the forum search but it does not address the question of the possible ramifications of leaving the Mass Oxygen Sensor unplugged.
Anyone please?
Thanks again Primera.
Micra throttle body question please. - bell boy
suggest friend buys a new lambda ,ive tried cleaning lambdas and had a success rate of zilch.
dont leave it disconnected it will upset the ecu and run rich
Micra throttle body question please. - Screwloose
Petel

Ther's a slight doubt about exactly what was disconnected. There's no Mass Oxygen Sensor on any car.

It could be the exhaust oxygen sensor [a.k.a. Lambda probe] or the Mass Airflow Sensor which is built into the throttle body on these. As moving the throttle body temporarily cleared the symptom, then it's likely to be the infamous cracked solder joints on the MAF sensor inside it.

Search for the excellent illustrated repair description that's linked on recent threads [last 2-3 weeks] on this topic and you'll see what's involved.

Extended running with the MAF disconnected is a no-no on these. The risk of engine damage is too high.
Thanks to Bell Boy and Screwloose for the replies.

The owner described it to me as the Mass Oxygen Sensor, I have no experience of Nissans so I took him at his word. I presume that he is referring to the MAF sensor and will confirm it with him when back at work on Tuesday, also advising him of the warnings given.
Many thanks to all.
Rgds.