Collected the Getz - midlifecrisis
Just been to collect the Hyundai Getz for the missus. Drove it back home (around 70 miles) and it was pleasant enough to drive on the motorway. Cruised happily at 70-80-mph, with acceptable level of noise for the class. A bit softer than the Fiesta Zetec it replaced and just didn't feel 'tight' (if you get my drift) like the Fiesta did.
I got it home and gave it the sort of examination that you should really do BEFORE you've bought it. (Hands up-I bought it while in a bit of a rush-not something I normally do). Lifted the drivers mat to gave a squeaky clutch pedal a squirt with wd40 and found a very thin and cardboard like carpet with a big bare patch from heel wear. (Car's got 28000m) Some stone chips that I hadn't noticed and the hard plastic trim seems to scratch easily.

Area of most concern is the service history. The car is direct from Hyundai Fleet and has been bought from a Hyundai main dealer. Two years three months old, sold with FSH and remainder of five year warranty. Service intervals for the car are 1yr/10000m, 2yr/20000m etc. Checked the documentation and found it had been first serviced at 1 year with 9800m (no problem so far). However the car has just been serviced prior to me collecting it, at 28000m and 2yrs 3months. The car has missed it's 20000m service and has even been late for the two year point. I'm now concerned where I stand with the warranty. Am I going to be expected to service it at 30000m?? Is the warranty void-full stop.

I will of course be contacting the supplying dealer to clarify, but thoughts/experiences would be welcome.
Collected the Getz - T Lucas
If its come from a Hyundai main dealer you should have no probs with the warranty.Not a car that gives grief usually.I would not worry.
Collected the Getz - adverse camber
I would want it in writing from hyundai that the warranty is valid.
Collected the Getz - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
Must be catching. SWMBO collected her pre-reg. Getz last weekend.
It seemed an obvious buy after looking round a few dealers for nearly new cars initially. Running in so have not exceeded 3000rpm/63mph yet. Only 36mpg for the first tankful (1.4l), which is disappointing, but well equipped and put together. Effective ventilation and air con. Got floor mats to protect the carpets.
Very quiet engine and roomy in the front. Rather bouncy on some road bumps but generally a good ride.
--
I wasna fu but just had plenty.
Collected the Getz - Happy Blue!
My general thoughts on Hyundai ownership (from our Trajet) are that in terms of the internal trim, it is cheap, brittle and it built down to a price. From a mechanical view, it has been fine, with only one minor issue dealt with under warranty, in 28,000 miles and 31 months. Not the most economical of cars, but then the engine technology is old. However, buying an equivalent european caar would have cost about £5,000 more, would have been less reliable and I would never see the £5000 back in fuel savings.

Funny thing is Mrs MLC has come to really like it over the last few days. She finds it really easy to drive and a lot smoother and quieter than her Fiesta. I, on the other hand, think I've made a mistake and should have gone for something different. (Although I'll only ever drive it around once a month).

It just looks a tad 'old fashioned' in my view. My first choice was a 54 plate Mitsubishi Colt which was unfortunately sold. Every time I see one I think it looks much more modern.

I'll be happier when I've got the warranty issue sorted out, I can feel a few interesting conversations looming with Hyundai.
Well, two days in and two of the new wheel trims I had fitted are looking war weary. How hard can it be not to scrape them against a kerb. Typing on here because I'm biting my lip!!! Missus has denied responsibility, as no-one else has driven it, I'll give her marks for effort.
Collected the Getz - GregSwain
Well two days in and two of the new wheel trims I had fitted are
looking war weary...

You'll be posting in the "wheel alignment/tracking" thread in a couple of days! ;-)
Collected the Getz - Altea Ego
Nicole seems to think wheel trims are consumable items. The clio has a new set every year, and they have to be swopped front to rear to even out the damage.

She wanted alloys on the new clio. After i presented her with divorce papers she changed her mind - reluctantly.
------------------------------
TourVanMan TM < Ex RF >
Mrs GWS is very pleased with her Getz. Been ferrying 'the ladies who lunch' around. She is even spotting other Getzes - which I find a bit difficult as they are somewhat anonymous.
--
The only concern that Mrs MLC has is that all the people she's seen in a Getz are out buying blue rinse.
We are well short of that age group. Car entirely bought on price and great specification. Our 1.4l engine should be pretty lively at the traffic light GP with 95hp once it is run in.
--