electrical help..is this repair safe - steveo3002
ok i need someone that understands electrics to see if this is safe

my heated seat pad had a break in it, its basicly a thin flexy wire with a pvc sheath running through a canvas type fabric

i found the break , bared both ends and soldered it up with a tiny dab of solder , then used heat shrink to insulate it

now will the repair cause wierd resistance and cause a hot spot there or any other probs ?
electrical help..is this repair safe - Number_Cruncher
I think the family jewels are quite safe Steve! - unless you have shortened the length of resistance wire significantly compared to its original length (which I seriously doubt), then, the total current in the cicuit will be virtually the same as before the wire broke.

It sounds like you have made a good job of the insulation - is there any danger of the wire shorting to the seat frame, or does it run in cloth/foam?

Number_Cruncher
electrical help..is this repair safe - steveo3002
no theres no chance of it touching bare metal , the cloth it runs in was slightly burnt in that area would that have just been from the 2 ends sparking ??

i havent changed the length by more than a few mm its just i wondered if the small blob of solder would cause any problems ..and theres enough slack that it shouldnt tug on the join
electrical help..is this repair safe - bell boy
i agree with number cruncher with his very short concise answer
is this a record? ;-)
electrical help..is this repair safe - Number_Cruncher
>>is this a record? ;-)

No, this is!
electrical help..is this repair safe - Crinkly Dave
Yep