VW Golf mk2 1.3 - Kevz
i'm having trouble with leaks comming from the cylinder head, the coolant and the oil have mixed a little bit has gone to the bore's and i was only getting 1bar compression, i thaught this could be the head gasket, so i changed it and just incase i checked the cylinder head with a piece of metal and a feeler blade to chek for any signs of warping but the wasn't, so back on goes everything with a new head gasket, took her for a drive before the m.o.t, she drove like new! parked her in the garage, went home, nearly ripped my hair off thinking about the m.o.t, went down there later and she passed!, so i drove her home and i noticed the tell tale signs of the cylinder head gasket again, maybe its a faulty new gasket or the bolts??? does anyone have any ideas????

thanx
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - yorkiebar
Sounds like something not quite square. Would suggest if head has to come off again then you get it measured for square by engineering shop.

Skim it if needed. And whilst its off get it pressure tested for just a few more pounds.
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - Peter D
This may be residual moisure in the engine so if all you have is an emulsion in the cap and your are not loosing water I would hang fire, change the oil and filter again and see how she goes. Regards Peter
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - Collos25
If the head is genuinly leaking you should skim the head regardless and use new headbolts also check that the block is flat.
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - local yokel
What symptoms are you seeing? If just water in the oil, then it could be the residual moisture from the previous problem, so you could test it by changing the oil. If you still have water contamination then the HG etc has to be your prime (but not your only) suspect.
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - Kevz
the symtons i was having was coolant in the oil, the car started but only on high revs and then stalled, water at one corner of the cylinder block, and when i took the head off the water wasn't as bad as before but the head gasket was covered in water.... i've bocked the head to my uncles engineering shop, but i've checked thecylinder block just incase and i belive the middle of the block is warped, i can get a 1.0m feeler blade in there!(using a streight edged piece of metal and pokin the feeler blade between the metal and the block, seeing as i cant take the engine off i'm tempted to the even the block myself but i'm not exactly sure what to use does any one have any ideas????
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - bell boy
does any one have any ideas????

Yep bin the lot and buy some-ting else.
10 thou wow
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - Peter D
No he said 1.0m I think meaning mm so 40 thou sound very odd. Regards Peter
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - milkyjoe
did you follow the torque tightening sequence for the head bolts ?
VW Golf mk2 1.3 - Kevz
sorry i do mean 1.0mm, the problem with the sequance in tightening the bolts is that in the manual the drawing shows the head with the fuel pump on the top left when its actualy on the right... should i try reversing the sequence????