Focus ('99 1.8) - ignition warning light - wozza666
Howdy people,

Had to recharge my battery yesterday as it had gone flat. When I put it back into the car, it started fine and sounded fine. But I noticed that after I start the car, the igition warning light (looks like the battery!) turns off as it should... and then after about 30 seconds it comes back on again! Does anyone know what this means as the handbook just tells me to go to my dealer.

Could it be that the battery is faulty, as it was flat for a long long while whilst I was abroad.

Any help or comments appreciated, thanks to all!
Focus ('99 1.8) - ignition warning light - milkyjoe
did you give the battery a full overnight charge? if yes check the alternator drivebelt for tension and that it hasnt come off (broken) if all looks good get a voltmetre and place it across the battery rev up to about 2000 and you should get a reading between 13-14 volts, if the voltmetre shows a gradual decrease in voltage its you alternator thats at fault!
Focus ('99 1.8) - ignition warning light - Robin the Technician
Sounds like the brushes inside the alternator are on their last legs. I would suspect the alternator has not been charging as needed - hence your flat battery. You will probably end up fitting a replacement unit.

--
These are the views of Robin the Technician with 35 years in the trade. I fix, therefore I am...