Good time to buy a US motor - Kevin

The US list price for a new Mustang GT, before options and any discounts (no-one pays list), is $26,440. That's just over £13,000 at todays exchange rate.

Allowing $2000 for shipping and insurance, 10% duty plus 17.5% VAT for Greedy Gordon and then £150 for SVA testing you've got a brand new 4.6L V8 beastie on your driveway for ~£18,500.

For £3K more you could have the V8 ragtop - just in time for summer.

Kevin...
Good time to buy a US motor - uk_in_usa
Speaking of US motors, where do you think you would find about 200 miles of wide, open, very well maintained A-roads going through rainforest, lava fields and open country, with very little traffic, and on the few twisty bits the locals pull over and let you past?

The big island of Hawaii, I was very fortunate and surprised recently to find.

I had a Dodge Magnum SXT which looks like the Chrysler 300C you may be familiar with, but it's an estate. I was extremely impressed by how great it was to drive, and how quick it was. And mine wasn't even the Hemi (V-8) one!

Good time to buy a US motor - Collos25
I would not of thought an US motor was worth that much having run them in the past they are best left over the water,if you really need a new one buy in Holland or Germany its as cheap as buying direct from the states.
Good time to buy a US motor - Sprice
Agreed, can think of much better cars to spend 18k on than overweight, underhandling American stuff with a drinking problem.
>Agreed, can think of much better cars to spend 18k on..

I guess you haven't driven one.

>overweight,..

Actually the Mustang GT tips the scales at 3450lbs which is only 40lbs more than a BMW 330i and 90lbs less than a 530i.

>underhandling..

With a live rear axle it's never going to be top of the class but it's not as bad as you think.
Sticking with the 330i comparison, the standard Mustang GT's speed when tested through MotorTrend's slalom course was 66mph compared to a 330i with 'Performance Package' at 67.5mph. Not a bad showing against what is widely proclaimed as one of the best handling cars in the world.

>a drinking problem.

I agree that it does have a bit of a drink problem (I like the odd glass myself), the Mustang can only manage 26.5mpg (official combined) against the 330i's 32.1. For £18.5K though, you can't have everything.

For a no-frills opinion read:

www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evolongtermtests/205020/f...l

Kevin...
Andy,

The only Mustang importer I've seen personally was in Hanover and they were asking similar prices to Uk dealers ie. ~£26K upwards depending on spec. Got any contacts/URLs?

Kevin...
There is in Germany a second hand car mag similar to autotrader called AUTO it deals with
mainly Amis of every description from new to old there are thousands of cars for sale 25,000 euros will buy you a pre reg base Mustang.
Sorry here is the web site

tinyurl.com/29spq2 {Link to www.auto.de/ shortened - DD}