Rusty Mondeo III doors - Red Baron
What a saga, but some progress at last...

Its a 2003 Zetec TDCi.

Feb 2005...rust to bottom of both doors on off-side - Repair only under warranty.
Jan 2007...return of rust to bottom of door on off-side and now also rust on near-side doors.
April 2007...Ford offer to replace doors on off-side (at last), but will still only repair the first time rust on the near side doors.

I guess that in two years time I will return to Ford for new doors on the near side as these WILL have gone rusty again.

Allen Ford of Northampton have been brilliant and are equally frustrated by Fords bizarre warranty procedure regarding rusty doors.

What irritates me is that I have to persist with the body and paint inspections and that I have to keep going back to Ford at my inconvenience to get their manufacturing defects rectified.
Rusty Mondeo III doors - cheddar
Push them, I insisted on replacement not repair despite the car being nearly 4 years old and over 100k miles and they agreed.
Rusty Mondeo III doors - Red Baron
I know that the dealer tried for four new doors, but has not succeded. He did say, though, that if on un-picking the first time rusty doors the rust appears quite advanced, then Ford may sanction new doors here too rather than a repair.

We shall see. The car is booked in at the end of May for five days.
Rusty Mondeo III doors - sony
Totally disgusting for cars of that age to rust.... I would never ever buy a ford.
Rusty Mondeo III doors - oilrag
Agree Sony, If you took the model names ( as an age identifier) out of it, you could believe you were back in the 1970`s.

It sometimes seems to me that Manufacturers don`t appreciate the power of the web in the archiving of customers struggles with their cars. Ok, I`m writing like this as I`m getting on a bit and can remember the power manufacturers had over consumers in decades past in the pre internet era.

Can`t understand why Ford have not quietly, without fuss, just replaced all these rusting body parts, warranty or not.

It seemed to take Fiat years to shake off the rust reputation, but now their cars don`t rust at all.

Maybe there are short memories in the motor industry of the consequences of developing such a reputation, or is it just arrogance?

Whatever, (IMHO) the communication of owners problems to potential buyers, intended or not, seems more than a great leveller.

Regards
Rusty Mondeo III doors - rtj70
I was told there was a period when Ford received doors without the sealer applied around the edge (and especially the bottom). Ford did this themselves at the factory and therefore trapped moisture inside. The doors that were effected have then started to rust from the inside out.

After 3.5 years there is only a small amount of rust on the bottom of the doors on my car. And they'll get rid of some scratches for me at the same time saving me that hastle.
Rusty Mondeo III doors - carl233
Its not just the doors that can rust on the MK3 Mundanos. The NS front area of the sill can corrode. No this is not due to accident damage and a bad repair it is due to "shabby build". Even the rusty tailgate issue behind the chrome strip can still occur this has been a known problem since 1993 on the MK1 Mondeo.

Why can they not solve simple issues such as this? Ford really seems to be out to cut all corners they can get away with. Rust on any car less than five years of age is a disgraceful embarrassment.
Rusty Mondeo III doors - Aprilia
Can`t understand why Ford have not quietly without fuss just replaced all these rusting body
parts warranty or not.

Because it would cost them a lot of money....