Dodgy salesman!! - midlifecrisis
I went to a well known car supermarket in the Midlands today. Me and Mrs MLC had a look at a few replacement cars for her Fiesta. One car we looked at was on a 55 plate, 19000m and theoretically had a over a year of warranty left. I asked the salesman to confirm that it had been serviced according to manufacturers schedule.

It turned out it had never been serviced. " Warranty's no good then" says I. Salesman then tries to convince me that under 'block exemption' a warranty is valid as long as the car is serviced anytime within the year. It was coming up to two years old and he said "get it serviced now and again in a a couple of months and that will validate the warranty" So according to him, you can get it serviced 10 months late, then again bang on two years and all is well ." Not having a car serviced will only lead to the loss of the third year dealer warranty. The two year manufacturers warranty remains valid regardless!"

Now, he is either very ignorant or just a blatant liar. I wonder how many people are suckered into buying a car. I'm sure they are given short shrift if they return with a problem.
Dodgy salesman!! - bell boy
desperate for a sale i reckon
hope you walked.................quickly
Certainly did!!
Dodgy salesman!! - mss1tw
I know nothing of the newer Fiestas but if they're anything like other new super-minis - How much of a moron do you have to be to miss the service light/text reminder.

I really do wonder about people sometimes!
It wasn't a Fiesta..Chevrolet Lacetti (don't ask..she liked it!!)
Dodgy salesman!! - mk124
Report the creep to management - sales people are meant to help the customer, as well as make a sale.

-----------------------------------------------

Torque means nothing without RPM
Dodgy salesman!! - daveyjp
My A2 didn't have a service until 23,000 miles and it was less than 2 years old at this point, I could have sold it before the first service and before the second anniversary and it wouldn't have been serviced, but warranty would have been unaffected.

I assume annual/fixed mileage services were still the norm with Lacettis?

Easiest way to see if a salesman is lying is to watch his lips- if they move he is.
12000m or 12 months.
Dodgy salesman!! - Westpig
was it worth trying for a better deal on the basis you had no warranty?

i appreciate that no oil change over that time period is not at all good, but at some point a deal might have been worth it.........particularly if it was to be a second car and used accordingly
No deals available........great pains to tell me how they sold at 'trade' prices (and gave 'trade' p/x). No discounts. However, I've found similar cars cheaper at main dealers this morning.