Sold my QX!! - qxman {p}
This site must have more traffic than I reaslised, or more fans of big Japanese cars than I anticipated!! I put an ad for my QX in the Classified section and had 10 enquires of which 3 appeared to be serious. One of them was very serious indeed and the car is now sold (subject to cheque clearance which I am sure will not be problem!).
I do not know whether the purchaser is a regular here or not (I have only his real name) but he can rest assured that he has bought himself an excellent car and I believe that I have obtained a fair price. Not only that but I have not had to bear any advertising cost!! So a big thumbs up to the HJ site! I am indebted to the man himself.

All that remains now is to wait for the delivery of my Impreza in June. I will post more information on it and a review of the dealer's service (Allbrandsnew.co.uk in Hull). I am just praying it turns out to be as problem free and reliable as the QX.
Sold my QX!! - Phil I
>I do not know whether the purchaser is a regular here

Do not post a great deal but read and just occasionallly throw in a comment. Other BR people will recall that I was looking for a Kia Picanto 1.1 LX Auto to replace my aging Metro 1.4 cvt. Did get a reallly keen price on the Picanto but after getting back in the Metro (which was still going well) decided to leave it for a while.

Then along came QXman with his Nissan QX 2.0 SE Auto. Could not resist it and will be picking it up next week. Spectators along the Fosse way may gather at the roadside at appropriate points to admire.

Some really Happy Motoring coming up Phil I
Sold my QX!! - qxman {p}
Blimey! Quite a difference between a Picanto and a QX! Still it does have reversing sensors fitted!
Rest assured you have bought a damn good and reliable car, because those Japs knew what they were doing when they made the QX. Now I've sold it I'm really starting to worry about whether the brand new Impreza I've ordered will be as reliable. You hear so many stories about new cars giving problems and I've now heard that the water based paint that Subaru use is very thin and prone to stonechips. Can anyone comment on this?
Sold my QX!! - Happy Blue!
We have had three Subaru's in our family including at present a 53 Forester and a 55 Outback. Both cars have paintwork that is fine. The only chips are caused by me bashing the door (by accident) against a brick wall.
Sold my QX!! - qxman {p}
We have had three Subaru's in our family including at present
a 53 Forester and a 55 Outback. Both cars have paintwork
that is fine. The only chips are caused by me bashing
the door (by accident) against a brick wall.

Phew! That's good to hear. I looked on a Impreza forum and some people are saying that they've needed resprays on the front of their Imprezas at one year old! Maybe its the way they drive them!

The brick wall incident happened to me recently with the QX and I'll start another thread about it right now.
Sold my QX!! - Happy Blue!
I forgot to say that a very dirty, heavy and damp football was kicked against the Outback so that it hit with a glancing blow that caused some minor scratching. Seems to be in the top laquer coat only so a re-spray is not required.
Sold my QX!! - boxsterboy
All that remains now is to wait for the delivery of
my Impreza in June. >>

And a name change, surely, ex-qxman?
Sold my QX!! - Stuartli
Just hope that HJ doesn't want commission for the website's role in the sale...:-)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
What\'s for you won\'t pass you by
Sold my QX!! - qxman {p}
Just hope that HJ doesn't want commission for the website's role in the sale...:-)

Don't go there!
Seriously though, the response was probably better than I'd have got off Autotrader, and at infinitely lower cost!
Sold my QX!! - qxman {p}
And a name change surely ex-qxman?

Ah yes. Can I reserve Imprezaman?