Am I Insured? - bintang
I am driving my wife's car at present, as a named driver under her policy. I have no insurance of my own. Will I be insured while driving other people's cars? If so, fully comprehensive, as at present, or Third Party only?
Am I Insured? - DavidHM
Not at all except in the extremely unlikely event that your insurance policy extends "driving other cars" cover to named drivers.

Even if it does, it would almost certainly be third party only.

(There's nothing legally to stop an insurer bringing out a policy that let you drive any car fully comp, it's just that no one does (except for traders) because the risks would be almost unquantifiable and the premium therefore correspondingly large).
Am I Insured? - Ruperts Trooper
Many insurers are withdrawing "driving other cars" starting with third party, fire and theft followed by fully comp if driver is under 25.
Am I Insured? - MB3
No. You won't be insured at all.

Your wife's policy may well state "The Policyholder may drive........." but, you are not the policyholder.
Am I Insured? - a900ss
Almost certainly not. Your wife may be insured to drive others car that she does not own with third party only cover (irrespective of the cover you have on your own car), I know of no policy that permits named drivers with this extension of cover.
Am I Insured? - rtj70
Presumably, even if the policy holder has 3rd party cover for driving other vehicles, they are only covered if nobody else is driving their car on which the policy exists. Ohterwise two vehicles being driven on the same policy.
Am I Insured? - martint123
Ohterwise two vehicles being driven on the same policy.

No problem doing that providing the policy wording permits it.
Am I Insured? - Peter D
NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards Peter
Am I Insured? - tanvir
I'm 19 and on comprehensive. Passed at 17, got 2 years NCB...

how long do I have to wait? until i'm 21?
Am I Insured? - a900ss
I'm 19 and on comprehensive. Passed at 17 got 2 years
NCB...

Depends on your insurer BUT it will not happen mid-term. You will either get it when you take the policy out or you won't get it all year irrespective of any age changes that occur during your period of insurance
Am I Insured? - DavidHM
I'd say that depends on the drafting. The policy or certificate could be worded to include "the Policyholder, if aged 25 years or older" and include it on all policies subject to qualifying, whatever the policyholder's age.
Am I Insured? - martint123

Just had a look at MoreThan and their policy says 25 years old.

Am I Insured? - Blue {P}
Tanvir - I think Quinn Direct do it straight away if you get a fully comp policy in *your* name.

Blue
Am I Insured? - tanvir
Tanvir - I think Quinn Direct do it straight away if you get a fully
comp policy in *your* name.
Blue

Cheers, I'll look into that when I renew in a couple of months
Am I Insured? - bintang
"NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Regards Peter"

Thanks for the warning. I have checked with a broker and found a) I can't be insured independently without a car of my own but b) I can get full cover to drive my wif'es car if she includes this in her policy..