K11 Micra 1.0l Stalling when slowing - Lil Red Car
Hi there,

I have a lovely little K Reg K11 Micra that has recently starting stalling when I'm slowing down on approach to roundabouts etc. which is a tad irritating!! It has been doing this more frequently in the last few days and I have now noticed some weird furry stuff coming out of my exhaust... I know I'm going to have to take it in to be sorted, but having spent the best part of a grand repairing cars in the last year or so, I'd like to maybe have some osrt of idea what might be going on with it before I get ripped off again!!

Please help - I don't want to have to say bye to this car just yet!

Thanking you all kindly : )
K11 Micra 1.0l Stalling when slowing - mss1tw
Sounds like the baffling material used in the silencer is coming loose and blocking the exhaust.
K11 Micra 1.0l Stalling when slowing - Lil Red Car
Aha! Thanks for this. So would this cause the stalling too, and will it be expensive to fix?
K11 Micra 1.0l Stalling when slowing - stuartl
I would get the exhaust done as it obviously needs replacing anyway. If it solves the problem great, if not I had the same problem on a van and it was an air leak in the inlet manifold gasket. This was proved by sraying wd40 or similar where it meets the block with the engine running and the idle going a bit crazy. Either that or idle control valve if fitted?

Hope this helps

Stuart