Any CR-V owners / feedback? - BobbyG
My Scenic PCP is due up beginning of July. Can pay £5500 to keep the car which I believe has a Glass's trade in price of about £6500.

This is my third Scenic and I don't want to buy a fourth as there is not anything really different about the latest Scenic. Have looked at other mpvs and I don't really see anything that is better than my Scenic.

However, I do like the CR-V, and although finances won't stretch to the new model, at a push I could maybe afford an old shape one. But it would need to be a diesel.

So my choices really boil down to keeping the Scenic or going for a CR-V if I can afford it. (I want to keep the mpv / high seating position).
I am a bit wary of keeping the Scenic as it will be out of warranty and with all the electric gizmos it has as well as the EGR problems it can have (mine has been used for a lot of stop/start journeys which has potential for trouble)

Any CR-V owners out there with any feedback / thoughts on the matter? Anyone else who has tested similar vehicles have any input?
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - tintin01
My sister has an 02 CRV which she likes a lot. It is big and bulky, but I guess no more than a scenic. The ride is very car-like and smooth. It has been really reliable - a small radio fault, but that's all since new, only expense has been wear and tear items. She has found the dealer to be pretty good. There is a lot of room in the back (she has 3 children). Only down side is poor mpg, but it is a petrol model (the diesel wasn't out then). The car tax will be another £50 or so over a Scenic from the same year, I think. She had a valuation for a trade-in last year and was disappointed how little it seemed to be worth (considering low mileage), but that is probably true of all 5 year old cars these days. I would say the reliability of Honda makes it a good used buy if this is the type of vehicle you want. Hope this helps.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - uk_in_usa
My wife bought a new 2.0 CRV auto in 1997. It's now at 100,000 being driven by her sister. I found it rough and slow, and hard to handle in snow... but if it's reliability you want it hasn't put a foot wrong in all this time.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - hbosken
Had a '99 model (petrol automatic) for 5 years now - totally faultless - now done 90k. Comfortable Have driven a few 4 x 4s (though the CRV is only a part-time 4 x 4) and this is a clear winner for comfort, reliability and economy. (I get 30 - 35mpg, and am not an especially slow driver!). Only let-down is the dash layout is not brilliant - but as everything works great, who cares! Not too bad in snow or wet mud (I live in the countryside, on a hill - never been stuck yet).

The newer, facelift model (03 onwards) has a much better dash - tried the diesel but not especially impressed - it's not as responsible as the Accord diesel on which it's based.

I'll definitely buy another one - just waiting for an auto of the right colour / price to come up.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - boxsterboy
>>
- it's not as responsible as the Accord diesel on which
it's based.

Well, yes. A lot of folk consider any 4x4 to be an irresponsible car.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Happy Blue!
we had a 2001 CR-V with auto - very reliable but failed to do better than 22mpg around town and 30mpg on a trip.
Well I have been to see the CR-V and like it . A lot!

However have found a major stumbling block! My existing towball cycle carrier will not fit on a vehicle with a rear mounted spare wheel.

So do I sell my cycle carrier and buy roof bars etc to hold 4 bikes. Suppose by doing that I wouldn't have the expense of fitting a towbar as well.

But then I would need to carry step ladders to lift the bikes onto the roof!!

More research required.......
Further to the above, anyone on here carry 4 bikes on the car roof? How easy is it to get them on especially on a vehicle the height of a CR-V?

Assume you take some sort of folding steps thingy?
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Dogbreath2
We have one - it can carry 2 or 3 bikes on a back wheel rack no problem. I think roof would be too high. We love it. We have petrol auto so consumption is not good, but the space is really good (huge boot) and its good to drive - light steering - and easy to park (with the sensors). The view is good too. Kids get great roomy seat and a nice view themselves. Also rear seats fold down to create good space for trips to the dump. In my view much better than the Scenic - we had one of those too and although design was brill I hated dealing with Renault and constant niggles.
Well not happy with service from Honda!

I have tried three separate dealers to find out if any can tell me the maximum weight allowed on the roof of the CR-V. Not one of them has the information.

Have contacted Honda head office and they eventually came back to me and said this

Thank you for contacting Honda.

Unfortunately we are not a technical based department therefore we would suggest that you speak to the Service Manager at your local authorised Honda dealer who will be best placed to advise you on the technical issues you raise.

I have even had the help of Manatee from this forum who currently has one but his handbook does not show the max limit allowed on the roof!

I know if I but roofbars that these will tell me the weight that the roofbars will support, but nothing I can find will tell me what weight the actual roof can take!
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - nortones2
The reply from Honda HQ is pathetic. Of course they have a technical dept: its just that customer services people are too dim to know! The figure for max. roof loading is given in the press pack for the 2007 CRV. I'm not going to give it to you as my version may be wrong, but if you persist with Honda they have the info!
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Brian Tryzers
I'd put money - if I knew how - on the max. roof load being 100 kg. That's what it is on my Volvo, which is a similar size and weight (if not shape) of car, and I doubt if these figures are calculated very precisely.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Brian Tryzers
Actually, a quick Goog on CR-V roof load turns up various sources quoting the max load for the latest CR-V as 80 kg. Perhaps a longer roof is less stiff than a saloon's - dunno. Still plenty for four 13 kg bikes and 10 kg of fixing hardware, though.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Bromptonaut
The reply from Honda HQ is pathetic.

This sort of thing is commonplace. Same issue with Citroen who would not, in a case where I doubted advice from a dealer, give me an answer to a yes/no question as on grounds of "Health and Safety" they had no facility to answer technical questions from customers. Can see why they would not tell me how to change a brake pad, but where he answer is yes no or a number they're just frightened of getting it wrong and pink fluffy dice covering!!

Suggested I went and asked another dealer!!
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - nortones2
I still remember VW "customer avoidance" re oil for the Passat. "We recommend a multigrade oil for the TDI" Thanks for nothing.
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Deskpilot
May I suggest you have a look at "Reader's Reviews" on the "What Car" site per the following URL:
www.whatcar.co.uk/car-review-readers.aspx?MA=14&RT...O

Plenty of good and bad comments here going back to 1997 CRV models. The 2007 CRV is separately listed.

Any CR-V owners / feedback? - Avant
Bobby - is it worth thinking about a Toyota Verso diesel? Acceleration is about the same as the equivalent Scenic but the handling is a lot sharper, and you've a greater chance of avoiding an unreliable one. And no spare wheel on the tailgate.

Not sure what your budget is but the 2.2 is the one to go for if you can run to it.
Avant, problem with the Toyota is that in the mpv sector I don;t think anything is better than the Scenic in the way of equipment and dashboard layout, interior space etc!
Any CR-V owners / feedback? - whoopwhoop
Ran a 2004 CR-V and it was DIRE! We had originally planned to keep it for 5 years but sold it after 18 months out of frustration.

Numerous breakdowns, lots of electrical problems, dealers were dishonest (chardged for work not carried out & parts not fitted). Honda UK warranty were very poor (trying to wriggle out of claims for no reason)

Also remember reading a thread on here about someone who had total engine failure on a CR-V at something like 3 years old?

Personally I'd rather own a Renault than a Honda (and thats saying something!!)