Peugeot 306 d turbo injection pump fault - ronnie_rev
Hi i have 1996 306 d turbo sport. It has the lucas pump. Basically I adjusted the maximum fuel screw on the diesel pump. Just like i have done on a few other cars to give them that bit more power. After doing all this I put the plastic plug back in. Primed the pump back up using the hand pump. Cranked the engine over several times and nothing. I took the plastic plug back out. Put the screw back to where it was originaly. Put it all back together and still nothing. I called the aa out and they said the immobiliser had gone. I am not to sure on this. Is it possible I have an air lock in the pump somewhere. If so how can i get it out. I did loosen an injector pipe and cranked the engine but nothing comes out. please help me. The immobiliser on this car is the key pad one. Can you give me ideas on how to bleed the pump. And if it is the immobiliser how can i fix that. Cheers lee
Peugeot 306 d turbo injection pump fault - David Horn
Could you have dislodged the cable to the stop solenoid inside the pump?
Which one is the solenoid. The one behind the metal shield or the one at the front of the pump. Sorry if the description is a little vague. I am no mechanic.
Peugeot 306 d turbo injection pump fault - autumnboy

The soleniod to stop the engine when the ignition is turned off, is behind the metal shield behind the bleed screw.

The way I bleed mine when I've adjusted my fueling, is to turn the ignition on with the key code inserted, and then prime the bulb for a few pumps. Then it should start after a few turns.

You may have disturbed some of the wires above where you removed the Cap, the small wiring plug mounted on a bracket to the right of the Cap is for the stop soleniod, you'll see a wire disappear behind the shield, check that.

Good luck
Cheers mate. Will check it out. I will let you know how i got on.
Sorted my the problem. I found disconecting the battery then reconecting it reset the immobiliser and the car started streight away. Sadly now the alarm goes off and the key fob is broke. I found taking the brown relay under the steering wheel solved the problem. Thank you for everyones help.
Peugeot 306 d turbo injection pump fault - thomp1983
alarm can be turned off by putting key in ignition, turn it on then press button next to ignition barrel

chris