Long live Mondeo? - Mark
how long can I expect my 1995 2.0 mondeo to last? It has been well maintained (by me) for five years and was previously a ford directors car. I do about 10k a year butneed to budget for the future. Should I bank on changing it when it is a 10 yo? It has done 80k
Re: Long live Mondeo? - ChrisR
If it's costing you 500 quid a year or less and is reliable, you're saving plenty of money on a newer one. Keep it until something big breaks or you're fed up with it. Ten years is fine with proper care. My Citroen BX is pushing twelve, and is fine on a similar mileage per year (total mileage stratospheric). The main thing is to find a clever and honest mechanic - you, for instance. The car itself should be good for 200K.

Chris
Re: Long live Mondeo? - Alan Clark
I have an L reg 1.8 TD (not the same beast as yours obviously) now on 160,000 + miles, still getting 50 mpg to and from work, not using a drop of oil, same exhaust and clutch that it had when i bought it at 52,000 and that's doing 140 mile round trip, 5 days a week (plus social mileage!). Only things I had go wrong were a fuel pump at 66k and clutch operating arm snapped (3 times if you count the 2 welds...doh!). New arm was not too expensive from Ford and is a more substantial one. I say that if you are happy with it, keep hold. Seems to be a typical Ford workhorse to me. Still...would really like to go to an Audi RS4....sigh...!