Autoaid - kennybase
Evening all,

Earlier on I had the pleasure of coming off the Polegate roundabout, going into 3rd, lifting clutch, and....nothing - no drive! The drive shaft on faithful car has broken :-(

Straight on phone to Autoaid (my choice of breakdown cover) and within 20min recovery lorry turns up (not bad for a Sunday!), I tell him what's wrong so he doesn't waste time fixing it, loads up, and drives me back home to Brighton. Very straightforward journey back home, and then unloads my car outside the house, and as I get my card out ready to pay him, he gets in his lorry and drives off (I had already signed the sheet before he unloaded the car). Now this is the third time ever that I've had to use my autoaid cover in the last 10 years, first time I had to pay, but the last 2 times the drivers haven't asked for any money from me - which was what I thought Autoaid was all about! (pay a low premium but have to pay for recovery and then reclaim the money back)

Do any of you know has this changed now or have I just been really lucky on the time I've had to be recovered the last 2 times? Not complaining, just wondering :-)

Ben
Autoaid - Marc4Six
I used autoaid 2 or 3 weeks ago, paid recovery driver by credit card, reclaimed from Autoaid, cheque arrives within a week.

I think you have been lucky. Autoaids system has not changed to my knowledge or recent experience.
Autoaid - ajsdoc
Funny you say this. I called out autoaid recently - puncure with stuck alloy wheel- came to pay, guy just said that I didn't owe him anything. I said I thought I needed to pay and claim - man just said job sheet said I didn't! Have heard nothing since, presume that the driver assume it's an autonational claim (the non pay and claim arm of the company)