zafira 1.8vvt oil light - nutrunner666
I have a problem with my brand new Zafira 1.8vvt "energy". When starting up it takes about 4-5 seconds to put out the oil light when the car has been left for a while. Restarting the car is fine after a short while. Its seems to me as if the oil is running back to the sump and when starting has to fill the oil filter before the pressure is reached. I will be contacting the dealer tomorrow to get it checked, but I was wondering if this is some thing common to the 1.8vvt, I can't see how it can be. Should there be a check valve on the oil filter to stop this happening? The oil filter is mounted high on thr front of the engine block.
zafira 1.8vvt oil light - Pugugly {P}
Do you park it on a steep incline ?
its a slight incline but no more than a few degrees, reversing up the drive. seems to make no difference where ever the car is parked, its just a time thing it appears.
zafira 1.8vvt oil light - Victorbox
Does it do it every cold start? My 06 model 1.6 Zafira did this approx once in every 10 cold starts until about 10,000 miles when it stopped doing it altogether. There was never any engine clatter even with the oil light on & I put it down to a very tight new engine. Now approaching 30,000 trouble free miles.
It happens if the car has been left for an hour, under an hour and everything is fine. I'm fairly sure the oil is just draining back to the sump. Its going for a visit to the dealers tomorrow, so i'll see what they say. Could just be a faulty oil filter check valve (if it has a valve). Best to sort this out early, its only a few days old.
zafira 1.8vvt oil light - lever8

nutrunner666

How did you get on with this?

Thks

zafira 1.8vvt oil light - Simon

I wouldn't wait for a reply, this thread was started seven and a half years ago...

zafira 1.8vvt oil light - lever8

i know what you mean........:--)