Ford Ka Fitting a temperature gauge - graham woods
Hi all. I wonder if any one out there has tried fitting a temperature gauge to one of these. If so, how is it done, and how difficult is it. On my car, just bought (2003 1.3i with the duratec engine) is just a warning light telling you when it is to hot. I would rather know this info before that. Any help or advice please. Thanks all. Graham.
Ford Ka Fitting a temperature gauge - bell boy
you are worrying about nothing
sit back
turn up the stereo
and enjoy the car

if its good enough for henry its good enough for us mere mortals
Hi Bell Boy, I suppose you are right. Who is Henry ? Cheers, Graham.
Ford Ka Fitting a temperature gauge - bell boy
henry ford graham

good autobiography

i read it on a slate many moons ago
Hi Bell boy, may look it up, but not tonight. It is now beer time. Cheers for info, Graham.
Ford Ka Fitting a temperature gauge - Kingpin
There will probably be a temperature sender somewhere which activates the warning light. However converting this to feed a temp gauge would be tricky and might upset the rest of the electrics and ecu etc.
If it was one of the older models with the old Fiesta 1.3 engine I may be tempted as they all had the temp sender near the thermostat and it was wired up on the Fiesta to a gauge. Probably easier to check coolant each week and keep an eye out for any warning lights during very hot weather. I think these engines are OK for reliability and no real worries about overheating.
Ford Ka Fitting a temperature gauge - Pugugly {P}
Before doing anything, run it on tickover until the fan cuts in to make sure that works, first (or second) thing I do on any new car that arrives here.....far better to find out on your driveway than on the M6 in a queue.
Thanks guys for the replys, Cheers, Graham.
Ford Ka Fitting a temperature gauge - Another John H
I'm fairly certain you can get some of the ECU parameters up on the LCD display in the dash by pressing and holding down the trip button while turning the ignition on, and then keeping the button depressed for a few seconds more.

You'll know when it goes this mode as the dials both traverse full range of their scales and the lamps test too - don't panic.

Once there, the trip button cycles a number of parameters through the LCD display, one of which is an accurate digital speedo, last press gets you back to normal.

On a Focus one of the display options is coolant temperature, but I can't remember if that is one of the things that didn't make it to the KA.... The KA being a few parameters short of a Focus, so to speak.