Jerky Mondeo - m peacock
When I recently had my 1995 2 litre Mondeo serviced I mentioned the car was jerky when accelerating at the lower end of the revs in 3rd and 4th or generally hard in these gears.I felt the problem began to develop shortly after an elective cam belt change at 68k.The garage (not Ford) could find nout wrong but changed the plugs which were only a year old. The problem persists.I feel I should take it to a ford dealer as they may recognise the problem but am worried about expensive suggestions that do not solve the problem.I am wondering if it could be the clutch or fuel supply system.Any suggestions??
Re: Jerky Mondeo - Jonathan
i had a similar problem with my mazda. I changed the HT plug leads, this seems to sort it out, and also use super unleaded from time to time too.
Re: Jerky Mondeo - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up Ltd.)
Zetec engines suffer badly from failed spark plug covers on cyls 3 & 4. Remove both plugs and look for a grey line running down the porcelain. If evident replace all leads and plugs with genuine FORD parts. If the cambelt was not replaced strictly in accordance with manufacturers instructions, using the proper alignment tools the cam timing WILL be out and as a consequence will not run or pull smoothly.