306 heart transplant - snappyjack
hi fellows

i have a pug 306 td donor car for the enviable task of removing the engine.....and installing in another pug 306..
so far so good eh!!!

a, donor has a1.9td year approx 1996/7
b, receiving patient 1.9 non turbo year 2000

problems i need to solve are engine management and any advice if anyone has successfully completed the surgery

kind fingers crossed regards

snappyjack
306 heart transplant - thomp1983
there is no engine management both cars use mechanical diesel engines, only things to consider are if the keyfobs have transponder chips in that are coded to the fuel pumps, if so you'll need to swap them over. swap nentire engine loom over still attached to old engine, exhausts will need swapping over full systems. other than that easiest way is get the front end of takes an hour at most and have it out the front with a crane could comfortably do it all in a day if just direct swapping maybe 2 if servicing fiddling with bits in between

chris
306 heart transplant - graham woods
Hi there, blimey you sound like a heart surgeon, the difference is they do it with the engine running. l.o.l. Cheers, graham.
306 heart transplant - track
you cant swap the fuel pumps between the n/a and turbo models, if the fuel pump on the turbo engine is immobilised you need to remove the brass panel covering the stop solenoid (held on with shear head bolts) then simply remove the old stop solenoid, fit the one out the non turbo pump and feed a switched live to it. Other than that use your existing loom as the switched live will be there ready and its all just plug and play.
306 heart transplant - thomp1983
very good point track tach me to pay more attention. if it's a bosch pump on the turbo lump then the immob is easy bypassed anyway if not then do as torch suggests if you actually need to

chris