petrol additives - cellarman
Has anyone any information regarding petrol additives, to be specific, are they any good, worth using etc. I was wondering whether to put some into the tank of my c class Merc, would it benefit the engine ? Would I notice any difference? The only advice I have received so far, from the garage that services my car is "if they were any good don't you think Mercedes would recommend them ?" This is borne out by my hand book that states that Mercedes do not recommend using any additives in the engine oil but no mention of any being used in the petrol. Any advice would be most appreciated.
petrol additives - Roger Jones
Try a forum search for extensive discussion of this topic -- "fuel additive", "injector cleaner", etc.
petrol additives - MikeTorque
Use BP Ultimate instead, it'll clean your engine as you drive and you'll get more power at the same time. A few tanks of that stuff works out cheaper than using fuel additives.
petrol additives - L'escargot
My Ford handbook warns against using fuel additives. It says they are unnecessary and could lead to engine and/or catalytic converter damage.
--
L\'escargot.
petrol additives - Armitage Shanks {p}
Millers Diesel Plus costs 2.5p per litre, to treat fuel. SFAIK this is cheaper than the price difference between Ordinary and Ultimate Diesel.