Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - Mazda Owner
I have a Mazda3 2006 face-lifted model bought October 2006.

The glovebox has an annoying rattle. It is definitely the gloxbox lid/cover that's rattling because if it's opened, it stops!

Anybody else had the same problem? What do you do to stop it rattling, apart from leaving it open!

Empty/full the thing still rattles. I guess there's a lose latch or something but I cannot see of way of getting inside and investigating the latch mechanism.

Any comments greatly received :-)
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - L'escargot
What do you
do to stop it rattling, apart from leaving it open!

Buy a new whatever it is that rattles.
--
L\'escargot.
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - jc2
Get it back to the dealer under guarantee.
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - Galaxy
It's time to clear all your old junk out of the glovebox!

Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - the original horse
put a cloth between the door and the box see if it stops rattling ??
then buy a roll of draught excluder [ sticky back foam strip] etc .
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - L'escargot
Just out of curiosity why is it called a glove box? Does anyone actually put their gloves in it?
--
L\'escargot.
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - Clk Sec
Got everything bar the kitchen sink in mine: no room for gloves!
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - Dynamic Dave
Just a polite reminder that this is Technical Matters, and therefore can you keep the jovial comments to the Discussion side of the forum please.

DD.
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - daiking
After 9000 squeak and rattle free miles, mine too has also started this.

1) Rattle possibly from the glovebox or passenger door that swmbo cannot identify and I haven't been able to get a more technically minded person to help identify. I shall investigate the glovebox and report back

and,

2) a horrible squeaking noise that comes from somewhere within the centre console that happens as the seats and the gearstick moves. Have you got this one too?

Last but not least, there's a fledgling mazda3 forum at www.mazda3forum.co.uk. Come over, say hi and see if anyone else has the same problem.
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - Clk Sec
Mazda Owner

As someone above has already suggested, I would definately take it to your local dealer. I had a minor trim problem with my car, also under guarantee, which Mazda rectified within minutes. Better that than possibly causing damage yourself.

Clk Sec
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - Mazda Owner
Thank you all for the responses....and the humour ;-)

Daiking -
I'll have a search on the Mazda forum as suggested - thanks for the link.

Now, that creaking seat/gear lever. If it's the irritating noise I had, and yes it does sound as if it's the centre console, I adjusted the driver seat height and that noise has gone away...for now at least. I have observed a vibration through the handbrake lever over rough roads, which stops if I push down on the handbrake lever.

Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - daiking
Dont expect too much from the uk forum yet its still only small. There is a much bigger american forum with the .com address

I've narrowed the seat/console noise to the seat belt clasp. Adjustment to that seems to stop the noise for a few miles, will get it greased at some point over the weekend. Still no luck with the glovebox one.
Mazda3: Annoying Glovebox Rattle - p2l
I've got a 54 Mazda 3 and the glovebox started rattling after 6 months. I put some tape and padding around the catch/lock area (both sides) but found this only partially cured it. Further, slightly obsessive (words of my wife) investigations tracked it to the area underneath the glovebox - to the area where the centre cosole joins with the transmission tunnel. Theres a join that loops in to the footwell. I put tape and vibration pads around this area along the join, and it stopped.

Phill