Pug 806 HDi Loud Ticking Noise... - A.B.Recovery
Hi, took a mates family to see him in hospital yesterday, using their 2001 Pug 806 HDi. Half-way through the journey there I noticed a loud ticking noise from the engine bay, the type of sound a damaged tappet makes, although on investigation the noise seems to be coming from the power Steering pump, not the engine, and the steering feels slightly stiffer than usual, fluid level seemed ok. The noise is sometimes very loud and at other times almost inaudible........anyone have any ideas what could be wrong pls? Am due to do another 200 mile round trip tomorrow but am weary of taking it so far!!! Thx
Pug 806 HDi Loud Ticking Noise... - RichardW
Sounds like the crank pulley is breaking up. Get it looked at ASAP - and changed if necessary before it lets go completely and rips the cambelt off.... New pulley is around £100 from GSF / Eurocarparts and easy enough to fit.
--
RichardW

Is it illogical? It must be Citroen....
Thx for that RichardW, finally got the chance today to have a quick look, took the O/S/F wheel off, removed the plastic inner arch / trim. If I hold the crank pulley with both hands, one either side, then there is a small ammount of movement, as if the retaining bolt were loose, checked this also. Went out to follow the missus, delivering a car back to its owner, got half-way there, went to pull away from a round about.......'C L O N K', no drive at all.......turns out my O/S driveshaft has snapped three quarters of the way along it so Pug been put back few days.....can I ask what made you suggest the crank pulley, is it a common thing on these 2.0 HDi's? Thx...Dan
Pug 806 HDi Loud Ticking Noise... - hazza
Hi the crank shaft pulley is very common had 2 hdi cars about 110.000 loud clicking heard under bonnet very fine silver shards seen on top of engine if you read through old posts tou will see just how often they go . Best to Get it sorted early if this is the problem heard they have gone with as little as 60.000 on clock
Thx, this one is a mates, has 71,000 on clock, already had complete new rear suspension and top half of engine + turbo rebuilt by Peugeot!!!! Cheers