Punto 60SX - starts and then doesnt - punto_SX_60
Ive got a 99/T punto 60sx which has got 70k on the clock.

Ive owned it 8 months, about 2 months after i got it it started leaking water in the passenger footwell. There also seems to be water behind the dashboard as well sometimes which you can hear running along when you turn. The car sometimes fills with condensations

It does seem to happen whenever it rains, so i presume that has a lot to do it with. This doesnt happen alot but figured it may be something to do with the main fault.

I can start and run the car for ages or for a ten minute trip to the shop, and then if i turn it off and come back to it in like10mins or so it wont start again till about 1/2 hour. This started around 2 months after i owned it too, altho it doesnt happen lots either, and seemed to stop when it got serviced in january.

It went to a garage who checked the heating manifold pressurised it and it was all fine. And they couldnt find a reason for it leaking water or for why it doesnt always start.

I can live with the water but i'd at least like it to start when i turn the key, anyone any ideas?

(its also making a grinding sound when turning left, and rattling - altho i think thats cause its due for a new exhaust - might not be anything to do with but just thought id mention it)
Punto 60SX - starts and then doesnt - Screwloose
SX60

That sounds like a crank position sensor fault. You'll find your dealer keeps quite a few in stock.
Punto 60SX - starts and then doesnt - bell boy
agree screwloose
another problem these old puntos have is you can beat the immobilisor or even confuse it if you have more than one blue key on the ring or occasionally use the red key
so OP make sure you only use the same key everytime and give the little key symbol time to go out on position 2 before you crank the starter
with regards the water pressure test cant help? its either using water or it isnt?,however its hard doing a proper test on the mk 1 punto without filling the radiator fully up,maybe this may be worth trying then pressure testing and then lowering the water to correct level if ok?
how much are these sensors liable to cost?

also it could be the key ive used the red one and blue seperatly a few times altho i sometimes have to try n start it like 10-15 times over a period of 30mins before it starts, and i thought that might have been the case before so have waited?
and do you not think the water in the footwell/behind the dashboard ocassionally, is adding to the problem of it not starting ?