mondeo misfire - wendi1978
hi everyone can anyone give me some advice on my mk2 98 mondeo it is misfiring in idle and generally at or below 1500rpm with poor mpg around town but still 45 - 50 mpg on a run we have changed the plugs ht leads and coil pack but still no joy, it was also up on co in mot. have been told a possible vacuum leak but how do you check this? we have also checked the maff but thats fine. thanks everyone
mondeo misfire - Screwloose
wendi

Some better vehicle details would help; but on some Mondeo engines there is a known issue with a T-piece breaking in the rubber breather hoses near the coilpack.
mondeo misfire - wendi1978
thanks for your help the mondeo is a mk2 and ford have told me there isnt a rubber t piece on this engine, it is a 2.0litre r reg mondeo has done around 100k, can you let me know what other details would be helpful
thanks
mondeo misfire - Turtle82
is it a Zetec engine? if so, its the same as mine and i had similar problems a few weeks ago!

There is a t-piece and it was leaking. also, i was directed to check out the MAF sensor (cleaned it with carb cleaner) and the idle speed control valve (also cleaned with carb cleaner).

although i then had a problem with overheating (due to a faulty water pump) - the idle problem seems to have gone away.

check again for the rubber t-piece!

S