small car for around £4.5k? - andrew_rs
My parents are looking for a small town car, mainly for my Mom to drive. It will replace her much loved f reg Nova!
She wants something similar in size and around either 1.0 or 1.2 engine size.
Possibly an automatic - though I guess that would only come with a bigger engine?
Should also be easy to get in and out of.

What suggestions would you all have? Budget is around £4500 so looking used. Mileage will be LOW!!! Probably only 3 or 4 thousand a year at most.
I had thought about either the previous generation Yaris or the current Fiat Panda?

Andrew
small car for around £4.5k? - Avant
Small-engined automatics are very sluggish - she has to be sure whe wants one. Also if she's elderly (many apologies if she isn't) changing to an automatic after 50 years of driving manuals isn't a good idea. Too many stories of people pressing the accelerator too soon and hurtling across a main road!

£4500 would get a newish Ford Ka or a slightly older Yaris- both likely to be more reliable than a Fiat. Or as she loves her Nova, look and see what sort of Corsa you can get. 1.2 livelier than 1.0.
small car for around £4.5k? - daveyjp
C1, 107 and maybe the Aygo are available for the money. Auto available too, but more difficult to find. Easy to get in and out of due to raised seat position.